Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Onan insulation inlet baffle

What is the purpose for the insulation inlet baffle on a Onan 4KY Spec K. Part 405-4896. ? https://www.dropbox.com/s/194emuy89xmwabi/Photo%20Jun%2007%2C%207%2050%2005%20PM.png

Do these temps sound right

I came back from the ocean last week. It was about 87 degrees outside and I towed for three hours nonstop. I took temps on the hubs as soon as I stopped and was getting around 110 on the front axel on both sides and 122 on back axels on both sides ar...

MH Levelling Jacks Question

This may not be worth a lot of your time if it gets tricky since it is another guy in the park with the problem and I don't have a clue perhaps even to understand your answers or even to get more info as needed.Anyway---- maybe it is an obvious thing...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Eternabond Prep

What is a good substitute product available at local hardware stores instead of the Eternabond cleaning solution? Also, does Eternabond have a shelf life, don't see any dates on the packaging.

Bypass valve on heater leaks back

As subject says, the brass bypass valve on the back of the Atwood allows the pink stuff to leak back into the water heater. My question for you folks is can the valve be fixed by replacing an internal washer like a hose bib or old style faucet?

Rear camera on Class A issues

Recently turned on the coach and noticed the video feed to the rear showed a picture then some "static". The picture went blank and now only shows several white parallel lines. Double lines when camera is connected. Single white line on Cam2 with no...

TO ALL: One Big Thank You!

I've got to cut this to the chase Over the last several years, I have asked for advice, and to say the least I have gotten it!Everything from an outside cast iron stove burner, to LED chips (Mr. Wizard's 10 watt - I purchased a dozen) to Mena (?) and...

Shower temp adjustment gets too hot

After first adjusting the temperature as desired in the RV shower, we often use the switch on the shower head to temporarily cut off the flow of water. When we turn the switch on the shower head back on, the water is too hot for a while. What cause...

RVhiker by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Shur Flo Pump Low Voltage

I have a shurflo pump in my 5er that recently stopped working.The switch will light up but the pump wont work. I crawled into the basement and removed the strainer that was screwed onto the suction side and it was loaded with gunk. While I was under ...

dano73 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

FYI Basic Solar Kit from Costco

Seems like a good DIY deal with all you get. 4 100w polycrystalline panels, 2000w PSW inverter, and looks like a Xantrex Trace C35Amp controller. http://www.costco.com/.product.100111497.html?&EMID=B2C_2014_0602_JuneMailer

30 amp surge protector

I have been looking at 30 amp surge protectors and there are so many different kinds/prices. Do any of you use them? if so, what kind and why that one ?thanks

Coleman Mach digital and power outage

I was all set to change the original Coleman Mach analog thermostat to the CM digital one when a thought popped up. The TT is left for months at a time at a leased lot. In the winter I leave heat on and summer I leave AC on. However, it is not unusua...

Cuffs054 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Create-A-Breeze Motor Repair

This fix procedure is for the do-it-yourself guys that like to fix things and don't mind a little fiddling here and there. I had the motor in our Rockwood Create-A-Breeze fan in the bathroom ceiling replaced for free by Fantastic Fan twice in its 9-...

Observation of battery behavior

With all this talk of battery monitors, it reminded me of some behavior I observed a few months ago and possibly some justification for having one. I had a problem where one of the battery bank interconnect cables had partially pulled out of the lug....

mena661 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes