Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Suburban furnace

I have a rv with a Suburban furnace. I can get it to light if I block the air intake but if I take the rag out of the intake it goes out and I can hear it trying to light again. Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks

anode rod

Finally got around to giving it a try. Used mt 18v 1/2 drive impact and it zipped right out. Nothing left but the metal rod. All the remains are in the bottom. What is the best way to get all the******out?

Repair abs exterior trim on 2002 Trail Lite

Trail Lite used abs plastic to trim out bottom edge of exterior including the rear "bumper" that holds the sewer hose. My right front corner piece got damaged and I need to repair it since R-Vision (Trail Lite Mfg.) is out of business and parts are n...

Misbehaving PD9280 - A Bit Long

So, here's a good one. DW and I decide we're going camping Feb 8-11. I have the weekend off (amazing!), DW can clear her calendar that weekend, and the kids have Monday off due to the Family Day holiday. So we load up and head for Rathtrevor Provinci...

ve7prt by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

no power

My lights and everything worked, i have replaced all batteries with new ones, engine and generator will start and no lights ,slide out wont come on, i have kill switches above the door and the coach and chassis, the coach one doesnt feel like it is w...

Batteries don't charge

Let the two house batteries get down to 3.92 volts. Yes, I got stupid, but on with the story. Serviced them but now they won't charge from converter. Voltage from converter is 13.45. Across battery solenoid 9.28. From cutoff switch to solenoid 2.3...

Converter/charger and auto resetable circuit breaker

I just replaced my Wfco for a Boondocker converter/charger. My trailer came with a 40a breaker In between the charger and battery. The Wfco was a 55a charger, the Boondocker is a 60a charger. Will the 40a breaker affect the 60a Boondocker charger? I ...

eco switch and fuel consumption

Hi,We all know that inverter generators have an economy setting for low demand. Usually 1/4 of "full blast".As demand goes up to say 50% does the eco switch allow the engine to run at 1/2 speed? Or does it rev up to as fast as it can go?My Yamaha sIE...

Norcold compressor fridge troubles

Hello folks, this is my first post :).I'm converting a truck, and I lucked into (I thought) a Norcold 12/120 for $50.Like an idjit, I hooked it up to a 200ah AGM battery and left it overnight. In the morning, the battery was at 5v and the fridge was ...

Naio by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery/wiring question

For some reason I can't get my 12v batteries to get any power to the trailer and I am getting confused. The batteries worked as of 6 weeks ago when I set them up on my charger. The multimeter shows a reading of 12.98 on both batteries. I checked the ...

uintafly by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

How to disconnrct DC power.

I have an older "C" and it's been buried in the snow for three months. Finally got to it and charged the batteries. I discovered that the house battery was deader than a door nail. Went to bed last night and noticed a cabin light burning brightly. Th...

Converter Charger

Adding a Converter Charger to a new Cargo trailer. Have a few questions. Looking at the wiring diagram, It looks like the AC side is to be grounded to the chassis of the trailer. Now on the DC side there is no grounding bar for any DC accessories. I...

mah437 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Have Lots Of Confusion On My Batteries and Voltage

Some history/background info to start. The trailer is new to me and so is full timing. It's 41' race trailer with living quarters in the front. I have a bank of batteries that is run through and inverter and that bank consists of 4 Trojan 6V batterie...

Factory Brake Controller or Something else?

Gonna order an F150 soon. Just wondering if the factory brake controllers are as good or better then a P3 or equivelant. The factory BC adds $300 so the cost isn't the issue. Just want the best brake control.Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Mvander by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Stumbled on to a Couple of Things/Ideas This Winter

1. Camping World was offering one year membership in Good Sams if you could produce a Military ID. Active or Retired2. My camper door latch always seems to need lube on the bolt so it will close easier when the bolt hits the striker plate. Of all...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes