Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

PianoTuna, question for you

Pianotuna, not tech related but I know that I can find you here. I was checking out free camping guide and I came across a park in Iowa that someone named Pianotuna did a review on it. Is that the same Pianotuna that is on here???????

Ezbagr by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

breaker keeps throwing

Can anyone tell me why our main breaker at the meter keeps throwing? We've replaced it, tried over loading it....but it happens at random times, usually when nothing is being used. We have 10-3 wire ran about 50 feet, would that be the issue? If anyo...

acooley by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

liquid flow cell batteries

Hi,This is an interesting concept. At least one prototype electric car has the technology right now, with 127 kwh of storage and is lighter than a similar capacity LI battery. Apparently the liquids are not dangerous either.flow cells

Bearing Grease Intervals

On our 27-5L Fox fifth wheel, I do my own bearing packing. I use top quality synthetic grease and thoroughly clean and pack bearings every two years. That adds up to once every 6000 miles. Rig is stored under covert every winter. I am beginning ...

enahs by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

generator and fuel

Hi,It is winter time. I only run the generator to exercise it. It is a Yamaha 3000 sIEB.Should I turn off the fuel valve and let it shut down after being starved of fuel? (This risks dried out seals?)OrShould I merely turn off the fuel valve and turn...

converter

HelloI have a 1997 bounder with a 460 ford. Can you tell me where the converter is located as my batteries are not charging. Thank you for any help.Kenny

hogbob by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote Pendant

I am fixing to buy a new PD 9260 Charger converter and they offer a remote pendant for free to go with it. But I don't know what that is or what it is for. Could some one straighten me out on this?

DOMETIC FAILURE!

Went out to my Dutchmen RV and looked around, and noticed this. The thermostat was not readable in the right top of the round display. Almost like a child with an etch a sketch had drawn on it. Cover in place no other damage just the display. So i...

Darn, lost my fridge in this cold weather

Well dangit anyways. My fridge went south. I noticed the freezer wasn't quite there yesterday. It has been over minus 30C and a wind chill into the minus 40'sC. I have a light bulb going in the compartment, but guess I should have blocked the louvers...

Reputable Solar Installers?

Not sure if this is the right board in which to post this, but I was wondering if people could remind me of the really good solar outfitters in the RV community. I know I've seen a couple names...maybe one in Arizona and one in Oregon (AM Solar?). Bu...

Excess tread wear

I am having a problem with excess tread wear on the inside of the left front tire and to a lesser degree on the right front tire on my F-150 tow vehicle. About 20,000 miles on the Goodyear Wrangler. I maintain proper inflation.I assume the wear is du...

LewBob by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge vent covers needed. Yuma?

We'll be in Yuma in a month or so on our way home. We need the two vent covers (upper and lower) for our slide mounted Norcold 1201LRIM.We also need a service/repair to the water heater. The flame usually blows out when lighting or re-lighting. I hav...

Electrical question on AF1140

I can't seem to get hold of my dealer, was hoping you could help with (I hope) a stupid question. All my plugs on my gp2 loop are not working. We popped a breaker on that loop for the tenth time, but when my wife reset it, the plugs did not come back...