Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Putting on TST tire monitors

Well got my TST tire monitors programmed (I think). It wasen't too bad. It was nice to do it on my kitche table bfor the installation. Will put them on this afternoon and see how they work.Just a comment on my activities.

High performance/heavy duty alternator battery charging

Sorry, Ben Franklin I'm not.Late model Chevy DuraMax diesels have twin 125 amp alternators. If you want to create hp/hd alternator-to-TC camper battery charging then a few questions. As an example, lest say the TC has 4 each 12 volt by 200amp AGE in ...

Wo_ody by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

30 amp RV outlet at home

I recently converted from a dual hot water tank setup in my house to a single tank resulting in an unused 30amp double pole breaker. I would like to use this breaker and the 10ga wire to power a TTL-30 outlet for my RV when it's in the driveway. Sinc...

kbotley by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

2005 Gearbox 260FS Battery Issue

Sorry for the double post... I put this in the toy haulers section...Hello,Just bought this toy hauler and I am having an issue I can not figure out... I can not get 12V to work inside trailer. I went and bought 2 brand new batteries today. Charged t...

Running a 120v a/c unit off starter battery

Hi, new to the forum. I have converted an 86 Chev G30 mini school bus into a camper, and i have mounted a Danby 5.1 "window shaker" air conditioning unit into a plenum, which creates the equivalent of a half indoor / half outdoor installation just li...

jrnymn7 by Explorer
  • 62 replies
  • 0 likes

PREVENTING FROZEN PIPES

Our MIL has no power in her struck and brick hone since the past Sunday at 6am...supposed to be back on by Saturday they say...No way to get power into the house...has a gas fireplace going on first floor but the problem is trying to figure out a way...

Slide Lubrication ?

$13 for a can of slide lube !Is it anymore than a can of spray silicone ??My hydraulic slide wants to get a little katty wampus now and then,.....not a problem yet, but thought a shot of lube would be a good place to start. I'm just not sure that the...

Norcold 1200 adjustments?

Our freezer is 17-23 degrees while the lower area is around 40 egrees.40 is good, but we would like to lower the freezer temp. We moved things away from the back wall, was unable to check the insulation on top of the unit.Any suggestions? Monaco di...

dllfo2 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic fridge

I am getting my trailer ready for trip, the fridge is running at 35 but the freezer is at 25/28. I have just turned on the low ambient switch to help with the problem. Is there anything else I can check. It is running on electric . Thanks

Connecting a battery tender

I just bought a Deltran Battery Tender Plus (1.25A) to connect to my deep cycle TT battery (which is disconnected from the TT). The instructions tell me to "attach at least a 24-inch-long 6-guage (AWG) insulated battery cable to Negative battery pos...

Question for RV Fridge experts. (Not urgent)

Our Norcold 1200LRIM is in the slide so it has two access doors, the upper one being the stack vent.We are in southern Mexico, day temps in the 80s, night in the 70s (Yeah, I know, tough, but someone has to do it. :B )We are parked N-S backed to a hi...

hitch weights

I know im going to get a lot of opinions, but please try to keep the answers scientific as possible. I am trying to compare the hitch weight of a fifth wheel trailer to the tongue weight of a bumper pull trailer. lets say the bumper pull has a tongue...

boatms03 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban Model T34 or T36 wont light Furnace

My son has a 86 Southwind Class A motorhome and the furnace wont light. We have replaced the electrode and it still wont light. You can hear a clicking sound like it is trying to light, but it just wont light. Any suggestions?RegardsSteve

Size of Male Genny Plug?

What a nut roll. I was in the process of installing the male plug for the genny (30amp, 120) When Ummmm, the threads for the wire attaching screws seemed to strip out kinda easy :h So I thought no prob, I will just get another male locking plug and...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes