Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Battery Question..

We normally keep our trailer plugged into 115v power at our storage facility, however we will now be losing power for anywhere up to 9 months.. Question (1). If I install a battery disconnect switch on batteries, how long can I expect the 2 year old...

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Just a word of praise for gopower solar

My 2021 sunseeker came with a gopower 100 watt panel and a 30 amp controller. I ask the salesman if the panel charged with the coach batteries turn off and he said no. I thought that strange as the controller was working while we were talking and th...

jimbo4UT by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Excellent video on brake repacking

OK I stumbled on this video and this guy has the most comprehensive trailer drum brake repacking video that I have ever seen. I learned a lot from watching this and only wish that I had seen it before I did all four wheels earlier this year. He even ...

agesilaus by Explorer III
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning replacement material?

Our NTU camper has an aged awning with some separation, so we are going to replace it. Roller tube is 19'7"What is a good awning material/brand to get? We use an awning a lot, anchoring with straps and leave it out in all kinds of weather when campin...

DirecTV Spinoff Announcement

In todays news AT&T is spinning off DTV and other pay services to private equity firm TPG Capital as a 30% owner which will provide AT&T $8B in cash. Valued at $16.25B compared to the 2015 purchase for $66B.

Locked Out!

We just put a brand new lock on the Lance, and went to get into it yesterday and couldn't. I only locked the handle, not the deadbolt, but when you turn the key the handle doesn't release. Also you can't remove the key in the unlocked position. Ha...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Fridge stopped working in cold weather? Ideas?

We took our 2011 Zinger camper out this weekend. We've never really used it much in cold weather before. We had the camper plugged in at home the night before we left, and had the fridge set to run off of propane to cool it down faster. When we got ...

imq707s by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

..Looking for a new air compressor for the MH tires etc..

My 12v MV1050 Tsunami compressor would have been 10 years old in March, but today something broke, and it's making loud rattling noise, I was airing up a low tire, shut it down for a cool down (it sounded normal when it was running, no unusual sounds...

MrWizard by Moderator
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

ID onan generator

i have an ONAN Emeral gen. that doesn't run. The label is gone for the most part. I know it's 5K with points but not type or spec.Is there a way to ID it?I also have a 6.5 NHEFA spec G that has a bad armature (rotor)that I would like to use parts fro...

atvbob by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Stand Alone Charger

Hi all,What is the best stand alone battery charger? I have had a couple of Shcumachers and I am really not impressed. Also, there seem to be several dozen Schumacher models, how the heck do you know which one to get, they all look pretty much the sa...

Grodyman by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Using RV generator as backup for house?

My electricity is still on in Middle TN, no worries. But that may not always be the case in the future!If I have a transfer switch properly installed, is there any reason I can't use the RV generator to power my house?Water heater and range are gas...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 80 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical gremlins

Help please?Got back from a road trip. Left the coach (2018 ACE 30.3) unplugged in the driveway for two days. Found these things not working on 12V:Fridge - checked with a meter - not getting 12VFront of coach ceiling lightsBathroom ceiling lightBath...

Electrical Wire Identification

Hi all,Trying to help my dad identify some wiring in his coach for a project. Manufacturer hasn't been any help so I thought I'd try here.He has two wires that we are trying to identify the wire size. Seems the obvious method would be to use a set ...

Cold Ambient Temps = Higher Alternator Voltage?

Our '16 Ram 3500 Cummins (220a alternator) typically charges around 14.3 - 14.4v about 95% of the time. On occasion charge voltage will drop to 13.9v on a long trip when the batteries get topped-off really well.This morning temps were almost zero (F...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes