Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2004 Cat C7 Charging LifePo4 battery bank

I am upgrading my battery bank to a hell of a lot of capacity (Around 1200 amps). I know that if this was a gasser, the alternator will die young if it has to charge the bank. How good is the alternator in the Caterpillar? Will it take sustain maximu...

map40 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Wiring a boat

I have a small skiff and am trying to keep it simple. I do not want to have to put in a panel I just want to tap into the hot wire that goes to battery from outboard to run a depth finder and maybe a charger for phones. Both will be fused does it mat...

kartsahd by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Any Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 Inverter/Charger Users?

Anyone using the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 pure sine wave inverter/charger? On paper seems to fill a lot of boxes for only $668 (Amazon). 2x continuous (4000w) surge capability for at least 2 seconds. 80a charger output can be manually derated in 5a...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold Fridge on Propane Question

Hello I have a Norcold fridge model # 306RM8 in my travel trailer. I am boondocking so always running refrigerator in propane mode. From what I have been told, the temperature dial basically just controls the height/intensity of the burner flame as o...

KenS999 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Resealing windows?

We have a 2019 KZ and from what I have read on the internet it may have "dry fit" windows and the seals are leaking on a couple of them.I ordered some butyl tape that is 1/8" thick. The TT has corrugated siding and the gap between the window frame an...

415 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

2005 IOTA power converter

My Greyhawk has a IOTA DLS 30 power converter, original equipment, which is working. Will it work work a GSM battery?Help appreciated.

ccchuck by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Tires

Any feedback on Novello Roadx tires for 2006 Winnebago Voyage. I got a good price of $2200 Cdn all in which I thought was pretty good.

Renogy DC-DC Charger UPDATE 2 Test

Update--fixed the problem below--you can skip to 4:06 pm post.Update 2- 28 Feb.My 20 amper is on, it has the green light and no red light. But it is cycling up and down for amps constantly, making a click when it cycles. The green light sort of fli...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Lithium Confusion

I currently store my coach in my garage plugged into 30 amp service. My new coach came with lead acid batteries. The coach has a progressive dynamics PD 4060 charger in a mighty mini power center. I am wanting to change batteries to lithium battle bo...

hpdrver by Explorer
  • 106 replies
  • 0 likes

Six-Pac D650 - Truck power hook up and adding solar...

Hello all... new to the camper world... have a few questions:1) My camper has a 7 way trailer wire connector to run lights on the camper and provide 12v power to the camper which also charges the battery in the camper? Is that correct?I need to inst...

gabemcg by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Carefree Awning strut replacement

Our 2014 Lifestyle’s 2013 Carefree awning (Travl’r model) seems to flap a little more than I would expect. The canvas is in good condition so I don’t think it is stretched. I suspect the gas struts are weak.Even with the serial number look up, I st...

a64armt by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Battery Charge Issue

Hello I have a 100W Renogy solar suitcase charging two AutoZone Duralast lead acid Marine deep cycle group 24 batteries. Batteries are 3 years old. Lately I have noticed the charging cycle time drastically increasing especially during the absorption ...

KenS999 by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator breaker keeps shutting off immediately

1995 Lazy Daze.Onan generator.Progressive Dynamics PD4645 converter.There is no power reaching the motorhome from the generator.I tested the leads to the breaker. One read about 170VAC with generator running. I shut the generator off and tested the o...

SHRED by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes