Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Inverter use.

Last winter boondocking and having only a 400 watt inverter that attaches to battery posts with clamps. A couple times wanting to watch tv and not run yamaha gen, I just ran an extension cord from inverter in through a window and plugged the tv in. T...

Furnace failure

I’m having trouble with my Suburban SF-30 fq furnace. When I tried to turn it on for the first time this year it would not fire. The fan would run, I could hear the usual relays clicking on, but it would not ignite. I tried cycling it on and off m...

Chassis battery not charging

We’re full timers currently connected to shore power. Coach batteries stay charged as normal. Chassis battery does not charge. With engine running, alternator charges normal. While engine is running, put battery tester on battery. Battery and char...

Battery

Hello,I am a seasonal camper, is it good idea to unhook the battery during winter, we still have electricity coming to the camper but just wondering if I bring the battery home during the winter months and charge it every month at home till spring? ...

no hot water electric or LP

Suburban SW6DEL will not heat water with LP or electric. Stove and furnace work fine with LP. Not sure what to look for. Any ideas?

pa_bell by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Hydraulic code

I'm getting a code not listed in Lippert app. "Jack grounding"So, I had a hydraulic line scrape itself in the battery box to a leak. On the road of course, but I managed to find the correct line (return from slide) and get a new 27' line made... fi...

Lar_s by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

A&E/Dometic Awning Question

I have an A&E Awning (16'). Product Number 958470040Model Number is illegible but here's what I can see 916GU1 (either 8 or 0).xxxx (can't read the last four digits.I ordered new awning, and when my son and I took the spring loaded end off the arm, h...

jodeb720 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood Furnace Problems

I have a problem with the Atwood furnace on my 5th wheel (2019 Montana High Country )I just bought the unit second-hand six months old from a private seller and have never used the furnace system before. (The person I bought it from never used the fu...

pomology by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery drain issues!

Hey everyone!Been a while since I posted last but I am happy to say after having the transmission replaced on my motorhome she has been running well for me and I am back on the road!I have ran into a bit of an issue recently though with my house batt...

Will solid state batteries change the world?

IMO, this has real potential. Time will tell.You go John B. Goodenough! A true pioneer. A google/wiki search is in order. This guy is the real deal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0nA8CfxBqAChum lee

Chum_lee by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Using the jack without the battery

I removed my battery to get my RV ready for winter. I go to use the jack and it won't work. It didn't matter whether it was hooked up to AC power or plugged into my truck, it would not work. Is that normal?

Suburban water heater intermittent fault

Hi Everyone,My Suburban water heater on my 2019 Montana High Country has developed a problem. It runs on electricity fine. When I flip the switch to run it on propane, it initially fires up and runs and heats the tank of water well. However after a d...

pomology by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

dometic thermo prob

Hello, new to RV life and this forum.Recently my wife complains that our thermostat doesn't shut off properly. It did keep the heat on one time until we were cooking (way above set temp). [ dometic duo therm comfort control center with phone plug con...

aurcor by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternator

2015 6.7 Lariet do anybody know how many Amps the heavy duty alternator is, and how many Amps it can supply continues.Frank

Slownsy by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes