Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Help! My solar panels aren't working!

Do you think it could be the snow covering? :B A couple more weeks and we can head south.On a serious note - do you ground your solar panels? I noticed they have an attachment for a ground wire on the frame but I didn't see the point.

Neutral to Frame vs Floating Neutral Question

Been discussed here a few times, but can't remember the difference if any.Onan here has neutral bonded to frame and it is for RV use.https://www.usedvictoria.com/ReportSelectUsedAdPhoto2?used_ad_id=32655856&position=3&hb=1Typical portable gens have f...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Nuts and bolts. SAE, Metric, or both

I been wrenching on vehicles all my life. It use to be only SAE, then it became a mix of SAE and Metric. I thought they we're going to phase out SAE and go all metric at some point, but it seems like it's been a mix forever. I'm putting together a to...

Xantrex Prosine 2.0 Inverter/charger died! :(

The Subject pretty much says it all.No throughput, immediately trips shorepower breaker, doesn't trip generator breaker, but does not pass the AC through to the coach.Inverter function seems to work fine.Returned from Xantrex and Not repairable, no p...

I've Been A Gambler...with surplus parts...

Here we have unmarked premium manual reset circuit breakers, note the part about being unmarked. Not true. The vendor either forget to mark them or purposefully omitted their amperage. It's FIFTY AMPSI've kept an eye on BLOWN breakers especially on m...

Question on running a fish house on battery power

After reading numerous replies to an earlier thread I started on best practices for making batteries last, I am trying to figure out the best setup for my winter ice shack without investing a lot of money.It is a 10'X16' house that I use 1-2 nights e...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

MPPT Charge Controller Troubleshooting

Hi all,I have the following setup. 230W panel2 new 6V batteries with new cable terminals20 amp MPPT charge controller Xantrex 600W inverter Solar red light is lit.Battery green light is flashing.Load light never comes on.System chareges during the da...

Refridgerator replacement

Currently have a Dometic 4 door, 13cu ft?, fridge. It is working fine but want to keep one step ahead of the game if it suddenly decides to go AWOL.I have pretty much decided to go the route of getting a domestic fridge if & when the Dometic dies. Th...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Xantrex SW3012 with SCP

I have a Xantrex SW3012 with a Xantrex SCP that has worked well since replacing a Xantrex Freedom 458 about 3 years ago. Today all was well until we arrived in Las Cruces, NM. I checked the SCP and it no longer shows the SW3012 as it usually does....

jrclark by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Coach Batteries not switching on

When I try to turn on the coach batteries they will not come on. I hear a clicking noise when I toggle the switch. When the motor home running, the switch works and powers on. The batteries are charged, showing near 13 volts.2000 Coachmen SantaraF...

bring slides in

today I went to the TT and decided to bring in the slides this year for the winter. My TT is plugged into a 30 amp service and I have one button to bring in both slides. the bedroom comes in first then the living room slide comes in. the bedroom slid...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Shower Squealing

I have noticed lately that while taking a shower that a high pitched whining or squealing comes and goes. It seems to be coming from the mixing valve but isn't constant. A 5 minute shower will have 3 or 4 cycles of no noise v noise each lasting 45 se...

Mbiallas by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

HP Fuel Injector Line Modifications?

I want to put a RAcor fuel water separator on a toad. It has fuel injection the pump is in the gas tank. I believe the pump pressure is around 45 lbs.The factory fuel filter is located near the r/r fenderwell. It has two slightly different diameter s...

Onan 5500 flooding

So my Onan 5500 generator won't start. Removed airfilter and watched fuel spitting out at me from the little hole next to the air intake. Drained the bowl, generator started, ran for 30 seconds, fuel spit back out at me and generator stopped runnin...

Kober by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes