Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

GFI Breaker switch won't reset

Breaker switch wont reset , and hence one plug in the bathroom, 2 plugs in the kitchen and the water heater (using electricity) don't work (surprisingly the dishwasher does). The outlets say GFI protected but there is no button to 'test' the outlet. ...

shug23 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Another question on Converter sizes

There is another active thread regarding converter sizes, but I get lost in the wealth of detail offered here. I have a simple question: I have a PD 9200 , 45 amp converter, two Trojan T105 batteries and a Honda 2000w generator.With my setup, should ...

rtate by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Handheld electronic gas leak detector

Hi,I was wondering if anyone on the forum has used the Techamor Y201 gas leak detector? If so, what was your experience with it?If not, what units have you tried and recommend?Thanks!

pld33270 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Using a battery maintainer

I'm going to store my Ram diesel truck for about 5 months and want to keep the batteries charged with a battery maintainer. Will I need to disconnect the batteries to do this?ryoung

ryoung by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

How much converter/charger is really needed?

I have a pair of NAPA 9824M Marine/RV batteries with a 20 hr rating of 79AH each, wired in parallel.Is there, really, any advantage in going from a 45 amp (PD4645V) converter/charger to a 55 amp (PD4655V) converter/charger? I know that bigger is ALWA...

Bobbo by Explorer II
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold N641 stops working during heavy rain storms

I have a Norcold N641 that was installed new in a mortorhome approx. 12 - 13 years ago. It's worked perfectly until about 2 or 3 years ago started to stop working, (one or two times a year), during or after heavy rains storms, which aren't that frequ...

Andonso by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Offset L brackets

I have a Wildwood trailer and use an Equil-i-zer hitch. On my current F150 and a previous Ram 1500 the pressure on the bars not equal. When I go to hookup, the street side bar takes very little raising of the jack to engage. When the street side b...

best practices for long battery life

I cannot get more than 3 years out of my battery on my TT. Original battery was an interstate. It was replaced under warranty going into its third year. The replacement lasted two years. I then tried the walmart brand. This was it's third year. Whe...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 55 replies
  • 0 likes

basement latch on 2003 Monaco stuck!!

I am unable to get the basement door open due to a stuck latch!! It is a 2003 Monaco Executive. The door is where you empty the waste tanks!! There is no way in that I can see. Any help would be appreciated. The wife

Battery question

This may be a stupid question, but here we go. If I have a battery that doesn't charge, would that stop the lights in my camper from working. Thanks in advance for the help.

elm3420 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator roof vent screen replacement

Doing some maintenance and discovered the screen in the refrigerator roof vent is crumbling in my 2006. The original screen appears to be aluminum and time has taken its toll.The original screen was molded into the plastic of the vent and an easy fi...

Did I kill my link-10?

I pulled my old Link-10 battery monitor out of my trailer and installed it in my motorhome. Something went wrong... When I first powered it up, all the digits lit up with 0000, but no lights came on, and no buttons did anything.I feared a stray wir...

INVERTER Idle Current An Response Time

My old Trace is supposed to have an idle current of .004 amperes (24 volt) and response time of <30 milliseconds.Has the industry improved upon this significantly -- other than the Samlex with zero crossing synchronization?

Hot water heater freeze.

We put a cold weather test on the new rig last month. 3 nights in a row with temperatures in single digits. First 2 mornings we found no hot water and no water in the bathroom. Cold water available in the kitchen. Water tank, water pump (under ki...