Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Adding electric Drain Valve to fresh water drain

Hello,We completed our 1st trip in our new Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th wheel. I'm already looking at how I can make improvements to make it easier.This 5th wheel has a rapid freshwater drain. It is located under the RV and works just like a manu...

dpgllg by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Fridge Light? Problem

One-year old Dometic fridge light ceased working a few weeks ago. Bulb was obviously blown so bought a new one, but it didn't solve the problem.Called Dometic and they suggested it could be the computer board or possibly the fuse. Checked the fuse pa...

Anyone Recharged Their A/C Refrigerant?

I have a Coleman Mach 11K unit that has been blowing warmer and warmer for about a year now. The **** thing is only 3 years old with VERY little use. Can't be expected to buy a new one already, right? It finally quit blowing cold this weekend. Went o...

joeshmoe by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan marquis gold 5500 surges

My onan that I just got with my used rv is having issues. It's an onan marquis gold 5500 model hijab with the old carburetor. It starts and idles fine, but when you put it under load it just sits and surges. The governor just goes up and down. I figu...

Tpo roof sealer

Question do I seal a tpo roof? Contacted KZ manufacturer on sealing rubber roof they told me to contact Alpha systems maker of roof. Alpha systems says this is a tpo roof since its on a 07 and that it looks like orange peel. They say no need to seal...

NERD ALERT Pure Electronics Question

I want to use 78xx voltage regulators in my 36 volt lighting. To power integral with heatsink 1 watt fans. Clarification: I purchased new surplus PC obsolete heatsinks with ball bearing fans for less than the cost of a new fan.OK. Limited space for a...

Roof Air Blows Warm When Moving

Never saw this issue before.My friend has a Duo Therm roof air on his ice cream truck. When parked, it works fine but when he drives, it starts blowing hot air within a few blocks.Any ideas what would cause this?I'm thinking he may have installed it ...

Ex-Tech by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh water hose

I grew up on a farm, where we had live stock, and used common water hoses from local hardware stores.We often drank from those hoses, with no problem.We have had a mh for many years, and used the white hoses recommend for drinking water.The last coup...

Dusty_R by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

TV / Cable System Upgrades

Hey fellow travelers.. Lots of help on this site, so maybe some ideas on this. Watching tv in my 1994 Winnabago Brave has not been high priority but as we travel further and longer... The system is original, with the interior wiring getting the signa...

A/C Troubleshooting Help? Coleman Mach 48000

My Coleman Mach 48000 Model: 48207C966 controlled by Atwood 2H2C thermostat air conditioning stopped working between uses. New in 2014, so just out of warranty. The furnace works fine. The display on the thermostat works fine, showing all settings. W...

Most "Effective" Front Door Mat?

I do not wear slick bottom dress shoes. Nor heavy cleated boots. (Running shoes). Mud nor leaves are a problem but I sure would like to leave small debris and dust outside (the rig).Am I wasting my time searching for something more effective than tho...

Mfr used plumber's putty on window -- do I need butyl?

I just removed the front window on my trailer (cracked due to thermal stress) and took it to my local glass shop. They replaced the glass with tinted tempered glass, custom cut, for $135 -- that seems like a great price!So now I am getting ready to ...

Broke refrigerator

Our Norcold frig went out. After having it worked on several times, we have decided, we would like to replace it with a residential frig. However, our door is 24 inches wide and i am having a problem finding a frig that will fit through the door. ...

Run time Yamaha generators

I was wondering if anyone has 2 Yamaha 2000 parelled together running the AC how many hours you get on a fuel run just the fuel in the generators? I know after reading you can get an extended run fuel system but was wondering how long of a run time o...