Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

TV wont stay down in console

its a tv that goes down in console, when you push button to release it, it comes up mine wont stay down and lock in. i found cable running from push button but cant see where it goes, any ideas?

LP refrigerator indicator gauge problem

Hi fellas,I've got a kz sportsman series travel trailer with a 2 way fridge; LP and 120v options. I've been having some issues with the LP indicator gauge. I push/hold the gas knob inward and hit the pop igniter. The indicator goes to green so I l...

Hammy549 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Electric problem and question

Due to medical problems we can't use RV as much as possible. Lately my battery under the hood (2003 Ford F-350) keeps getting low. I'm going to buy a battery load tester later in week. Battery is 9 years old, so probably battery. But I want to m...

path1 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Having inverter issues. (Long post)

When I bought this coach it had an inverter that was not also a transfer switch (separate charger and inverter) so there was one transfer switch that controlled the switching between shore power and generator and another that controlled the switching...

foul odor

Is there a way I can get the like sulfur smell out of the hot water heater or put something to make it smell half way decent when onlydo I put a rod in the water heater drain plug or is there product that is user friendly, we do keep water in the tan...

Emergency Start Button - Connects both Battery banks

Howdy, I am thinking about changing my emergency start swtich from the stock momentary type to a single pole, single throw, switch with a hinged cover. Want to have the option to draw from the engine battery if needed, if I kill the coach battery ba...

Dometic RM2453 function knob VERY difficult to turn.

Greetings,I have a new (to me, 2002) Class B and it has the above mentioned fridge in it. The function knob feels like it's going to break no matter where I set it. AC-off-GAS-off-DC. It DOES work (for now) but it is really hard to turn.Any thought...

pjw73nh by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof repair

I was washing my rubber roof yesterday, a task that I had not yet done, and I noticed a soft spot in the front corner. As I examined that spot, I soon realized it was much worse that I expected. The wood under the rubber is completely gone in a 2X3...

Inverter review

Just as MEX and his 5000w inverter review started to get interesting the thread seems to have disappeared.I found the linked review interesting as he seems to strongly dislikes AIMS inverters for poor workmanship.https://www.youtube.com skip to 10:3...

Ram clearance lights

After camping last weekend, I didn't have a chance to disconnect from the truck after getting home. I have my trailer management system turn on the marker lights at sundown every night as an "all is well" indicator (voltage, temperature, etc).Having ...

lp fumes in camper

HI. I have a 185rb jayco SLX. Havent used it since late last summer. Went to light the refrig, on lp, (3 way) and wouldn't lite. Then cleaned out dirt dobber nest, where it lights outside. Lit right up. About 2 hours later, the CO2 alarm was going ...

harbor freight gen set

Anyone bought the predator 2000 inverter they sell? how do you like it? seems strange they want you to keep gas treatment in it at all times, other than using ethanol gas in it what is the reasoning? I only use non ethanol gas in my small engines. t...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

what's the best way to repair small tear in awning?

Got a small (five inch) tear in the awning fabric, where the piece that's in the roller joins with the main piece...What's the best way to repair? staples? sewing? Is there maybe a fabric glue?My only worry is stopping the rip from getting bigger...n...

What happens when a solar panel makes too many amps?

What happens when panels produce on occasion more amps than the controller is rated for? For instance, in my case I have a 60 amp Morningstar MPPT controller but my three 315 watt panels could under ideal conditions produce almost 80 amps. What happe...