RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

baseplate / towbar brand mix?

I'm going to buy a tow bar and baseplate for our 2013 Honda CRV AWD. I always see tow bars and base plates for sale locally on Craigslist and the prices are so, so much better than new. Usually the listing is for just a base plate or just a tow bar...

deprived by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Drawing more than 12 volts off auxiliary battery

I have a 1984 Toyota Sunrader. Under the hood is an auxiliary battery, which charges off the alternator. The auxiliary battery operates my water pump and the furnace. The furnace requires approximately 13 volts to open the gas valve and spark the i...

WDH question

I have read several post on WDH and how to set them up as well as youtube videos. The one thing they don't mention is if you are supposed to have your truck loaded with the extra stuff you are going to carry in the cab and/or bed before you set you ...

Bowfreak by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Declining interest in RVing?

Wonder if anyone else experiences this from time to time. I am 73, still healthy and active and we have RV'd 1 way or the other for 44 years; now in a 30 ft. Class C. Like the RV just fine but I find myself a little bit questionning how interested I ...

Reflections on a Trip South

Having my coffee at Mather point in freezing weather waiting for the sunrise and the Japanese tourists looking at me like they would have given any amount of Yen for that cup.Taking a walk at night with my High School Girlfriend after 45 years of sep...

4X4Dodger by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

underbelly compartment

I read about heating underbelly compartment. in my cardinal, I see all the tanks exposed. anyway to cover them. I do not see that sheet covering the bottom like my TT has.

Torklift Stableload Quick disconnect?

I've read through all the previous posts regarding Stableloads, and cannot find what I am looking for.I would like to hear from folks who tow a travel trailer and have installed them on their truck. I'm hoping to hear from people that have 1/2 ton tr...

Gas or Electric

Im going to be living in an area where the night time temps get into the low 30's and upper 20's. Is it OK to suppment the gas heater with a small electric heater or should I just run the gas heater more?

30 Amp Question

I have a question that will probably seem idiotic, but here goes. I am booked at a campsite that offers 50 amp service. My motorhome has a 30 amp plug-in. Can Iuse a 50 amp to 30 amp pigtail type device without worry? I see them for sale for appro...

biggjc by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Blue Ox Ad

Trailer Life magazine Jan 2016, page 19, has an ad that shows the incorrect way to hitch a trailer.Breakaway switch cable may not be connected.No pin or lock in coupler latch.Slack in wire may drag or bind as routed.Safety chains are not crossed.Shan...

Lynnmor by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting new partnership & retailing

Probably out here somewhere, saw this link where FORD Branded RV's, from Livin Lite are coming out. TC info and a TT info, Toy Hauler coming soon.Ford Branded RV'sNot sure if Ford dealers will sell, does not appear????Right now the dealer located pu...