RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Un-Hitching

We just came off the lot today with a new Jayco 26BHS. This is a nice upgrade from our previous hybrid 23B. I had some issues "breaking" the ball from the coupler today, and was hoping some strategies could be offered. It is all of my original equ...

Electrical

We own a 2006 Fleedwood Bounder 32w on a ford chassis. Some of our 120v electric outlets are not working either on shore power or generator. Found only one ground fault breaker and tried all the breakers in the panel, what could be the problem.

Working at Amazon - The Good the Bad and the Ugly

I and my friend are interested in the Amazon Camperforce positions. However I would like to get the views of some of those who have actually applied and or worked there.We would like you to share your views on this position, positive or negative as l...

4X4Dodger by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Backing up made easy

2016 F150 with back up assistBacking Up and Parking a Trailer Easier Than EverMay-21-2015 12:00 AM ETDEARBORN, Mich., – Ford, America’s truck leader, pioneers towing innovation again by introducing Pro Trailer Backup Assist™ for the 2016 Ford F-150 –...

philh by Explorer II
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Dingy Towing 2015 GMC Yukon 4WD

We have a 2015 GMC Denali Yukon XL 4WD with the ‘transfer case’ which allows towing 4 wheels on the ground. Bought the car in January but today is first time we tried hooking it up behind the motor home.Had no problem getting transfer case into Neut...

robanddi by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Flying J near Columbus,Ohio

On our way home from Missouri,we stopped at the Flying J on I-70,east of Columbus,Ohio. I pulled up to the Rv pumps and inserted my credit card.I was asked if I had a Flying J loyalty card which I don't.It told me to pres enter to skip this step. I t...

Brake away chains

Do I need to install safety chains between the towed and the MH? My towed is a 3500 pound Honda CRV.Thanks

Roof Ladder Question

I am thinking of purchasing a new ladder, I am also considering carrying it on my Winnebago roof ladder in the rear. In general I am thinking about 30 pounds, I know the ladder can take over 200 for a person to climb up, but my concern is how much ca...

Best Rv Cover/Price

Our rv sits outside with no cover in the sun and now for the last four months constant rains (never have seen this happen). We are looking to buy a cover. There are many brands and choices. Our TT is a 24/25 ft Funfinder with two slideouts. What ...

RV Security

I read Mike Wendland's blog, Roadtreking. He has a Roadtrek class B and writes about his travels.His recent topic is that his RV was broken into, and he lost about $12,000 worth of equipment. It's an interesting read and podcast. Has anyone else ha...

KenMast by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Use Shark Bite connectors in RV?

I have a need to install portions of 1/2" rigid copper fresh water pipe in visible areas of interior and want small diameter holes in the cabinetry it will go through. Instead of sweating on larger diameter MPT fittings for other system attachments b...

Dave_Pete by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

I believe in LED lights now

I turned on our outside light a few nights ago. I forgot to turn it off. Next time I went to turn it on it didn't work, so I just assumed the light blew. Upon further inspection, the light had melted the plastic lens cover and subsequently blew it...

AGM vs Lead Acid

Well, need some input: If two 100 amp hour lead acid batteries did the job for my usage in my old trailer, will one AGM 100 amp hour battery do the job in the new trailer. Typical usage when dry camping: up in the morning and after breakfast may or ...

jffnkrn by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Toadless

Well, we are toadless for the time being. Last week on my way to work a lady ran a stop light and we collided. My new 2014 Ford focus that I had since December was totaled. Going through the pains of dealing with her insurance to get a settlement. Ho...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes