Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

roof top a/c help

my a/c on my motorhome freezes up after running a few hours and no mater what the thermastat is set it makes a humming noise til i kill it at the breaker.. and advice would be a great deal of help.. thanks guys, adam

Aliner electrical problems - need advice

Hello! We recently installed a new WPCO-8725P power center and new fully charged battery in our 2008 Aliner Scout. Here are some problems we are having:When we are plugged into shore power, and the battery is CONNECTED, all electrical works, but the ...

kaliuma by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

A Really Accurate Fridge Thermometer

Can I get a fridge thermometer that is accurate within +/- 1 deg F without paying hundreds? The wife has some medication (costing $1500 every 2 weeks --- thank god for company insurance) and it says MUST be kept between 36 to 46 deg. I'm looking at ...

Solar - Poly or Mono?

I plan to order a couple of 100w panels for the RV and can't decide whether to get poly or mono. Someone says the mono doesn't handle shade well, so I think poly is the way to go, then I read that poly only produces about 80% of what a mono does. An...

Changing t12 fluorescent to t8

Not sure if this is the right place for this. Have a fluorescent light in garage very dim in cold weather.Went to home depot purchased a ballast and t8 bulbs removed old ballast and bulbs installed new.It is like day and night.Cost about $25.00 money...

hilldude by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

carpet

I am planning to recarpet the engine cover in my rv.I would like to get some recommendations on what type of glue to use for this project?Also should i use a spray or brush when applying it?

joe0508 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

12v DC relay question...

I have one of these in my motorhome, on the trim piece under the steering wheel hooked up with a 30 amp relay hooked to the chassis battery. I didn't want it wired to the ignition and since it has a LED that is always on, I wired it with a 15 amp sw...

Instrument cluster

Hello all I recently purchased a super clean 1989 pace arrow. However a mouse chewed on the fiber optic lines (including the fiber optic tape) that illuminate the switches. Any recommendations where I can buy?

Another battery question

So many threads here about batteries and charging, I can't believe I'm starting another! Well, I've learned a ton, and actually if I was starting from scratch I know pretty much what I'd do to create a nice setup. But I'd kind of like to use some or ...

Need Inverter Wiring Help !

I plan on installing a 1500 watt inverter in my class B MH.I would like the unit to power all the outlets although it will only really be used for a hair dryer and microwave.The inverter I am looking at has a built in 30 amp transfer switch and must ...

Oilman by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing a 50/30 subpanel

This should be an easy one... I used to do electrical, can't believe I can't remember this, but it's been 15 years..So, here goes: What size wire do I need to feed this panel (100 feet from Main panel)? And what size breaker?http://www.rvparksupplies...