Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

No power on one leg.

I received a 1986 Beaver Continental from my parents just a few months ago. Everything is awesome except there is no power to one of the legs when plugged in.However! I did have power when plugged in at my parents through a 50A to 30A appliance cord ...

cmills by Explorer
  • 42 replies
  • 0 likes

Interconnect cable

Planning on running two six volt batteries in series. Would this interconnect battery cable be okay?http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGJGLWW/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

DIY vs. "professional" maintenance

Took our 26' tow-behind to a local brake shop after reading advice on wheel bearing lubrication and deciding I didn't have the tools & talent. Watching "professional" perform jacking, hub-removal and reinstallation I noticed three things: 1. jack p...

Inverter install transfer switch or .....

I haven't done this yet but would like some information about installing a residential fridge and inverter power it. Is anyone willing to explain or do a diagram. I know the inverter runs off the battery and should be close to the battery but what ...

Paul_G_ by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery tie down

I have a question on battery tie downs. On a mobile solar power skid with 4ea 6volt agm batteries inside the equipment cabinet, the builder was not planning on using any type of tie downs on the batteries. His plan was to just put starfoam underneath...

lc0338 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing rv fridge with residential

Recently, we made a decision to replace our Dometic NDR1062 rv fridge with a Haier 10.1cu, black in color. The less than optimal cooling performance, unreliability, and the possible potential for catching fire were some of the main reasons. It was ...

JC2 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Adhesive

I'm trying to adhere a finished wood panel to an island. Liquid nails didn't work. It was still soft after 24 hours.What would be a good product?

Help me buy an inverter

I don't think I need anything fancy. I have 2 things I want to run on battery occasionally.1. Keurig Coffee maker 1450 watts for about 6 minutes per day2. Fridge in my outdoor kitchen when driving.I'm thinking a 4000 max / 2000 continuous inverter...

low(er) wattage hot water heating elements?

The standard hot water heating element seems to be 1500W for small tanks. Does anyone know of lower wattage ones being available? Our trailer only has a 30 amp connection and I find in the hot summer with the AC on and the hot water cycling (and any ...

a-d-s by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

What should I do about generator exercising?

I left home over month and half ago. I exercise my generator once a month per Honda's manual at 1/2 load.I'm stuck in a park until some parts come in over a different issue. So I can't (or shouldn't) run generator in park and can't pull TT out. Wh...

path1 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Keystone Converter

Our converter went bad and we had a new one put in. I went in the 5th wheel bedroom and had light on to make the bed and I could here the fan running on the converter. I never heard the fan run from the old converter, is this something that happens...

Need help choosing a solar controller

I have 6, 53 watt Siemens panels I am going to use to keep 4 100amp batteries charged up at my cabin.I am looking for some help picking a 30 amp controller suitable for the job. I looked on ebay and see many different suppliers with an amazing range...

StewB by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Maxxair remote control vent fan question....

I recently installed a Maxxair 4500k series vent fan in the bath of our new 5th wheel. The wife would now like one in the kitchen, would two remote control fans cause issues? I would almost bet the remotes have many different channels and would not i...

Water heater element

I bought a new Rv and I noticed there was a on off switch on thee outside of the unit for electric operation. It was hidden behind some tape. Well of course i had it plugged in with the water tank empty. When I noticed what was going on I disconnecte...