Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

HW heater and freezing.

Considering the hw heater is enclosed and probably insulated, how cold must it be for the heater to be damaged due to freezing?

Weldon by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

5th axle/hub/wheel?

Upon arriving in the RGV I noticed I had totally burnt up a rear axle bearing on my 5th wheel.The hub and wheel were at a 45* angle, axle had been very hot and rolled end of axle up around axle nut.Axle and hub needs to be replaced, wheel lug nuts we...

gas additives

I know there is a lot of talk about sta-bil and sea foam, but has anyone used Lucas gas treatment in their vehicles or gen sets. talked to my DW's cousin and he said he got quite an increase in gas mileage by using it in his SUV driving to AZ this ...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Draining water heater

When former BF & I had a RV together, we drained the water heater ( or thought we did) by opening the low point drains and parking on a slope so that the water heater was uphill. We then winterized by closing the WH bypass & pumping pink stuff throu...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Butane lighters

Has anyone got the typical butane lighter used to light the grill etc. to work when more than 1/4 of the fuel is used. I have I don't know how many, of different brands that show 3/4 full but won't light!

joshuajim by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Gas question

Sometimes I get bad gas, sometimes I get good gas.With a barrel of oil being so cheap, it it going to make adding ethanol to gasoline a cost prohibitive idea with so much surplus gasoline available for so cheap, compared to corn made alcohol? Thinki...

Dometic fridge not wanting to run off propane

Yes I have a dometic fridge in my lance truck camper, it's model number rm3663. Issue I'm having is I can't get it to run of propane function. I can hear it trying to ignite, as I hear the clicking sound. I even removed the outside cover and can se...

this is a serious tech question

now, we all know that Teflon tape comes in yellow and white. the yellow is for gas lines and the white for plumbing. My question is this, what direction do you put the tape on the pipe, clock wise or counter clock wise. this could be the question of ...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

No water in HW heater

I drained the water from my HW heater and MAY have left the power on.Suburban...what is the worst thing to happen if I did leave it on? Thanks!

Weldon by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Better Honda eu2000i generator security?

While on Amazon, I noticed this product which has one bracket that secures to the bottom of the Honda eu2000i generator, another bracket that the generator sits in, which bolts to something like a cargo rack, and a hasp/hockey puck lock to marry the ...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

New Awning Fabric

Called Camping World for an estimate on replacing awning fabric.Was given two options: original Sunchaser or Universal. Parts man says the universal is a better fabric.With a 25 dollar joining fee for Good Sam the universal option (in stock) comes o...

Oddly wired Distribution Panel

On my last trip, the converter failed and I had to use a portable battery charger to keep up my coach battery. Back at home, I removed the distribution panel to get to the bad converter. It was a WFCO 55amp, I plan to put in a Progressive Dynamics ...

fred42 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

water on the fridge floor

I have a Dometic fridge freezer RM252. A small puddle of water appears on the floor each day. I have cleaned the drain below the cooling fins regularly, but it makes no difference. The drain hose is not blocked as far as I can make our. I clean the d...