Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cheap China Solar Controller Failure

For a couple days been noticing higher than the 14.6 voltage,.....going to 15, and even 15.5,....I knew something was not right. The next day it was showing 16, then quickly went to 17+.......I quickly loosened one battery wire !As I posted before, @...

Water heater problem, need advice

Hi guys,Just got back from camping and had water heater issues. 1995 Bounder with Atwood water heater. Wouldn't fire, red light stayed on. Checked connections and thermostat lead broke off. Bought a ECO/Thermostat kit and replaced both. Still no...

whit by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

If you are looking for a winter project...

Saw this today:I get a catalog from All Electronics, which is surplus odd n ends...this little baby is a 12v strobe flasher that pulses 80x/min. All it needs is an enclosure and a 12v power source. Would be great to have on the rig with an emergenc...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Trogan batteries $89

I was at a flea market in Stuart Fla. today and there was a golf vendor there that had Trogan 605 GC batteries for sale for $89, Crown batteries 232 amp hrs for $74, and another brand that I never heard of with Sonic in it name for $64. The 605 were ...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

2012 Cougar Ultra lite dining light repair

The switch went out on our dining light and I didn't mark how I took it apart. Now I'm not sure what wires go where. From the ceiling I have 2 solid white wires that come down together and 2 white/red wires. The lamp has 2 red wires, 2 white wires an...

FloPure Water Softener

Hello Old Biscuit. Are you out there somewhere? I have another question about our water softener. The instructions say to do a back flush twice a year, feeding water into the outlet and out of the inlet connection at a rate of one gallon per minute. ...

Solar panels

Why do solar panels decrease their effectiveness over the years of use?

352 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My RV solar system.

I had AM Solar install a system for my 2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity MB back in June, 2013. Here are the components:Four Fullriver DC220-6 6-volt AGM batteries for 440 AHFive GS100 100-watt solar panels, Vmpp=17.7 volts Impp=5.7 amps, wired in paral...

Atwood rv furnace only ignites if exhaust port plugged

Hello,I have a 97 RV with an atwood furnace #8531. Had dang mud dauber in exhaust port. Cleaned with air compressor, a few chunks of dirt came out. Pounded on exhaust pipes. Still will not ignite on own. I hear the whoosh and clicking a few times...

Front slide not working

Hello Folks, just bought a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with two slides on same side..Freightliner chassis...my problem is the front slide switch (over the passenger seat) does not work on occasion. I can hear a clicking sound underneath in the midd...

DanMar by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Charge Question

Well it's been 33 days since I've seen hookups. The 245 watts of solar gets the Trimetric into the positive AH from full most days.Specific gravity has dropped. A couple of cells to 1250, and a couple to 1260.There are 4 x 6 volt batteries in two b...

joelmyer by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood Furnance problem

I have a 1996 Damon Intruder I got this past summer. It has an Atwood furnance model 8535. It would not light so I pulled the burner and there was a dirt dabbers nest on the orfice. I thoroughly cleaned . I set the gaps correct on the ignighter and...

jvowell1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

not really technical but ???

while checking out a new to us rv, I noticed the Onan 5500 had two (2) circuit breakers mounted above the prime/start switch. One breaker was 30 amp and the other was 20 amp. I'd been running the generator and everything inside seemed to work. Only t...

btcruzer by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake Change Out Question

I have a 2014 FW that has manual adjusting brakes that are manufactured by Lippert. The brakes are on 7000 pound axles. The grease seals are leaking and the brake pads and magnets have become contaminated with wheel bearing grease. The FW manufact...