Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water Heater power consumption

I have a 2003 Alumascape trailer with a 6 gallon water heater. The water heater is powered by propane or 110 volts when connected to electricity. I just bought a 2000w Yamaha generator and it will not operate the water heater. The water heater is a...

Dalo by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Seenyore Mena!

How about unscrewing the lid on your gizmo take a few images and let us see its privates? Curiosity overwhelms me...

Atwood 7916 not igniting

I have an Atwood 7916-11 in a JAYCO foldown. My furnace does not ignite at higher elevations, like 8,000 or 8,500 feet but firs up at home or lower elevations. I was in Wyoming and it would not ignite at Encampment but when I moved near Kaycee it wo...

AC

I have compressor but no fan. Is there a run/start capacitor on these units? I am on the road currently and am about to head south to AZ from the Olympic Penn. Bought the trailer from Camping World and the unit is still under warranty but I can't tak...

ken56 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

2014 Dutchmen Travel Trailer Brake Adjustment

Hi.I performed a search of the forum but couldn't find anything that spoke directly to this question so I hope you don't mind my posting it.My intent is to do full-time RVing when I retire in about five years so I bought my truck and travel trailer l...

billcard by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter recommendations. Updated.

Update. I was in Harbor Freight today and saw a 750W (continuous) inverter for $47.99 so I thought I'd give it a shot. I connected it to the terminals in the power distribution center, turned on every light, fan, furnace and water pump in the camper ...

Quality Pure Sine Inverters 300-600 Watts

I'm in the market for a good inverter to go with a new solar setup on my truck camper. Plan on installing three 100 watt panels to keep my two Trojan 6 volts charged. I was leaning towards a Morningstar 300 but I recently saw a Go Power 600 on Amazo...

Mike3 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

ARP Refrigerator Fire Safety Device

I installed the ARP fire safety device today on my 1995 Dometic absorption frig. It consists of a circuit board and relay that together shut off the frig if the stack temperature exceeds a certain temperature. The installation was pretty straightforw...

joraz by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery cable size, need help with please.

I am putting together four series/parallel GC batteries and need some help with cable sizing. Batteries are all side by side, converter will be within 3'of batteries, inverter should be within 4', but the DC fuse board is 15' to 17' away. Am I correc...

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan Marquis 7000 generator

My 18 year old generator starts, but won't run. If I manually play with the throttle linkage I can get it to run for a few seconds after starting, but that's it. If I do nothing, as soon as the engine fires the starter kicks out (correctly) and the...

n410mp by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Carbon dioxide detector

Our 2013 Puma 5th wheel has an overly sensitive carbon dioxide detector. It goes off in the wee hours of the morning several times and we cannot find the reason for its sensitivity. We have moved the trash can outside and checked all gas lines etc. a...

Buckleup by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Carbon monoxide danger. A sense of perspective

Sometimes our leaders are dumber than a sack of rocks. They assssssume everyone "out there" has a double digit IQ. "Look Dick look. See Jane run" does not cut it for many people.You don't have to read the cut n paste from Wikipedia if you don't want ...