Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Are surge guards necessary?

In the operator's manual of my WFCO ULTRA III Distribution Center that I have in my TT, it says:'Electronic Current Limiting. Automatically shuts down power during overloead or short-circuit conditions. Automatically returns to normal operation aft...

Rmack1 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

454 Chevy has low power and high gas usage/some help

My Bounder's engine started running bad a few years ago and at night you could see the leakage from the plug wires. Decided to have full tune up done. Many hundreds later I got it back and it still ran bad. Long story short, at least three years 4...

backup camera

I resently purchased a backup system for my rv.The screen has the slightest static in the monitor.I have the camera hooked up to the monitor and the monitor powered to a dc plug in the cigarette plug in the dash.I tryed to wire it to a fuse in the fu...

joe0508 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Rain leaking into trailer via AC bolt

Last week we experienced VERY heavy rain while we were stopped. We noticed one of the 4 bolts connecting the outside roof part of the AC to the inside roof had come undone by about 1" ! Due to vibration I guess. Rain was dripping from this bolt. How...

ice2fire by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

AC Voltage Through Frame/Stablizers

Today I was adjusting my stabilizers and got a small, constant shock. I got out my multi-meter and began to seek the issue. I was getting jolts of 5volts (DC) but nothing steady. I checked AC current and was getting 140v (AC). I got this on several s...

LP vs AC

I also am having cooling issues with my Dometic RM3862. Is it typical for these to operate better on AC than on LP? Like a previous poster, the freezer seems to be cold enough, but the refrigerator is another story. Any suggestions will be appreciate...

Trimetric Install With an Enclosed Underbelly?

I have a Sunset Trail 26BH that I'm considering putting a Trimetric meter in. http://www.bogartengineering.com/products/TriMetricI'm not sure how to wire it back from the shunt to the monitor with an enclosed underbelly (hoping to put the monitor in ...

Stay A While

I have this propane tank adapter. Has anyone had to replace the O-ring on the fitting that screws into the portable propane tank? I called Camping World but they only sell the unit and don't know the size or where I can get one. Any ideas? ThxMove...

wd by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Champion on sale

Tractor Supply has a Saturday only sale running for the tried and true 3500 this weekend. They have them priced at $279 for the first time in a good while. This may be regional, I don't know. It was in their flyer in the paper this AM. Just FYI, I ha...

bucky by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Rechargeable Lithium Battery Link

Since most rechargeable lithium batteries are 3.7 volts or multiples series thereof I found this article to be usefulhttps://learn.adafruit.com/li-ion-and-lipoly-batteries/voltages

Dometic NDR1292 Frig Temperature

A year ago I replaced the board in my NDR 1292 with a Dinosaur brand because the frig would not operate when outside temp dropped below about 40 dgs. All has been well. Now in Arizona (where the last 2 days have been 97 and 96) the frig is "heating u...

2004 6 liter ford problem

In Kingman, AZ at Ford Dealership with a broken injector. Started up an incline outside Kingman when smoke poured from the engine. Ford said the tip of one of the injectors had broken off. They pull the injector and inspected the cylinder wall with n...

faucet1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Charge Requirements

Looking into a solar setup for my new trailer, first off is figuring out what I need for controller output to correctly charge my batteries. I'm planning on eventually having a pair of either 100w or 130w panels, that's all the space I have.Batteries...

Padlin by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Maytag Refrigerator mf12067aes11 digital temp controls

Everything was turned off for six months. Put all the breakers back on and digital controls show freezer @ -14 and fridge @ 8. Should read 0 and 32 as auto temp.Move temp adjusting buttons and get OFF-OFF.Any suggestions, I only have Winnie's four pa...