Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

BEST WINDSHIELD CLEANING ?

My wind shield looks clean until I head into the sun. Thebn I see swirl marks and glare. I use a clean cotton towel, fold often and have tried various window cleaners. The most recent was Rain ex wind shield spray cleaner. What do you use inside ...

Oasisbob by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical Assistance with a furnace please

Hi all,I just installed a new Suburban NT20 furnace and I need some help with the wiring. There's only four wires, red (hot) yellow(grnd) and two blue which are for the t-stat. My issue is that the damn installation manual makes no real differentiati...

Onan 4000 valve lash specs?

been doing some searching with no results for the ONAN RV QG 4000 generator. I just needs simple valve lash settings for this OHV motor. 440 hours and a little sluggush to start so i figured id start here.thanks in advance!-Marcus

Sixohh by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper Parked; Freezing Overnight; No One Inside

We're visiting friends and our Lance model 880 sitting on our 1-ton Ford in the driveway, overnight temps will drop to the mid 20's. No one inside, only the refrigerator on, and NO AC Hookup - Battery only. Do not want to winterize the water system w...

Heat pump vs regular gas heat

I really don't much about this, so I am asking. What is the difference. I used my heat pump once, I have my air conditioning on the roof.I guess I am asking when do use one or the other?

Workhorse W24 spark plugs, wires and coils

I have a 2007 Itasca Suncruiser 38T on a Workhorse W24 chassis. I, like others, have had issues with the heat negatively affecting the spark plugs, wires and coils. I have been dead in the water twice, away from home, with this problem. Those two tim...

michbill by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold AC/DC Fridge Troubleshooting

Hello - I am hoping someone may be able to help. I am troubleshooting a 1995ish Norcold DE-541. Worked good all year on DC and AC. A couple of weeks ago I found it turned on but not cooling at all. It was pulled out and we found the compressor no...

ov10mech by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sewer \ Waste pipe repair

I hope I'm posting this in the right section, and couldn't find a previous post.....I need to repair the waste pipe on my RV. It cracked right against the last in line "T or Y" fitting, between it and the discharge cap. In order to repair it, it l...

Breaker panel question

I am going to install a new piece of wiring from my transfer switch to the breaker panel. The white wire from the transfer switch is connected to the metal bar (bus bar?) by a screw which has a damaged head and is proving difficult to remove. I can...

Open circuit lamp

I have a WFCO ULTRA III Distribution center (Fuse Box)This unit has an open circuit lamp on each fuse. When fuse is blown or removed, the lamps light up. Problem: A fuse blew when I was extending the awning. This should have resulted in the lamp to...

TS21sso by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermostat failure or heater; any guesses why?

This has happened twice now in the last couple of trips. RV is all warm and cozy and before going to bed I set thermostat at about 50. Wake up and temp is way below 50 so I assume heater never fired off. This is a white Rodgers thermostat that you...

path1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Cisconnect

I am looking for a switch that will enable me to disconnect my coach battery to prevent discharging. I want to be able to connect and disconnect from within the camper but dont want to have to run battery cable. Is there an electronic switch i can us...

G_and_D by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator Tip

This may be old news, but hopefully it will help someone else. I recently learned the proper way to route your refrigerator drain tube out the vent cover of your rig. Run the tube down and then back up and form a P-trap configuration like a sink drai...