Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Also replacement axle

My 2009 Flagsraff Shamrock 23RS needs a new axle. So far Alko/Dexter team has not been much help. The tag on the axle is J296 262382. 10” hub with 4.5th bolt pattern. Any help is appreciated.

sjridge by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar panels

I have 4/150W Renogy panels RNG-150DP max150WV of 22.5VI sc 9.05AV mp 8.38AMax system Voltage 600VDC (UL)Max Fuse Rating 15ACan someone please walk me true the meaning of the individual ratings meaning.I understand that they are 150W 12V . What does ...

Slownsy by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Heater failed right before sale :(

Sold it on consignment with the original selling dealer.He called me as the water heater failed to ignite on propane during thier pre delivery inspection Had to put a new board in it.When we left FL, it was working... I drained the tank before our ...

philh by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

House battery life

For several years now I have been conducting a battery life expectancy test with my diesel motorhome. In January 2015, we arrived at Quartzsite for a winter stay, our first shot at Q. Shortly after arriving, it became obvious my house batteries wer...

larry_cad by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

noise coming from water manifold

Have a 2006 cambridge fifth wheel CA 308RL 506 and I am get a weird noise coming from the water manifold. It sound like something is stuck and blocking the water flow. does anyone know of this type of problem and how to fix it?JMR7738

JMR7738 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SiO2 white paper anyone??

I’ve been trying in earnest to obtain an independently sourced (e.g. impartial, non-vendor sourced) White Paper study that explains (empirically) the operating characteristics of SiO2 battery technology, but heretofore after several search tries and ...

3_tons by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Rating vs Capacity Monitoring

Some things:Shipping batteries in the US requires the Watt-Hour rating to be marked on the battery, and the rule is to use the "nominal" voltage. So LFP uses their 12.8v figure for that 100AH x 12.8 is 1280 WhI think ? the "nominal" voltage for oth...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Dead Onan 4000 generator

Went to fire up my Onan 4000 generator for the 1st time this year. Held the Start/Prime switch down on Prime and the light came on and flashed like usual. After about 5 seconds I released the switch as usual and pushed the Start side of the switch....

DouglasC by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery that can be part of the structure of a vehicle

I stumbled upon this interesting article -- the researchers have developed a battery that can also serve as a structural member. Thus, the battery may no longer be a dead weight but instead is part of the vehicle. They don't mention RVs, but it see...

A Bazillion Roof Bubbles

A couple months ago we noticed some bubbles forming under the EPDM roof material above the bedroom in our barely 3 year old 29-5T. It seems to have gotten worse. If you look at the photo you will see countless bubbles.We are looking for the cause and...

Adhesive for Securing Flexible Solar Panels

Have plans to install some flexible solar panels on the roof of our fiberglass NL truck camper. Don't want to drill/screw into the roof. Looking for a strong adhesive that can also be removed without damaging the fiberglass finish in the event I ha...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Hot Water Heater problem

I have an 2001 Atwood 6 gallon water heater that will run one complete heating cycle then go into the lock out mode. If I shut off the switch then turn it back on, it works fine for another complete cycle then goes back into lock out.I have replaced ...

fyrflie by Explorer III
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Watt Hrs vs Amp Hrs

This article helps explain these ratings and raises a question wrt battery charging older vs newer LFPs too. Not sure if this also applies to other battery types or if it matters with any when you measure your charging by AH instead of using power. ...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Einstein's Fridge

For those of us fascinated by RV absorption fridges (aren't we all?) or by thermodynamics (probably a smaller contingent), there's a new book that may be of interest:Link to the book Einstein's FridgeWho knew that Einstein even owned an RV??