Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Shark Bite on older pex

I have a class C from 1999 (built in spring '98) and was looking to replace 2 leaky elbows under the sink. Correct me if I'm mistaken but isn't this around the time pex was first being used (it says "pex" not sure if it's the same as today's).The pex...

Circuit board that fits

https://letusdisagree.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/circuit.jpegHas the #'s 1 21130I need to replace my circuit board, but the replacement one I got was too big and didn't have screw holes in the right place. Any recommendations on which one I shou...

generator and alternator charging at the same time

I have a new LION ut1300 battery. It can take a charge at 100 amps. So lets say I am running down the road and I have the generator on so there are two charging sources heck lets throw in solar too. So there are three sources of charging. Alterna...

Fresh water tank replacement

I have a 2019 Coleman Lite 2425RB TT. I have two cracks in my fresh water tank. Specs say it is a 60 gallon tank. I had the tank drain open this winter but it got down to 12 degrees (almost unheard of in south Louisiana). It caught me off guard. ...

slightly different solar qx

Am looking at solar on a small class A. I currently have 3 group 27 batteries (rv/marine) for the house. (prior owners had just installed 2 new, and I had one from a trolling motor setup) they will be replaced in about 2 years with 4 GC-2 batteries....

Xantrex Freedom 458 - Equalizing at 16.3V

Hey gang,I was surprised to find my advanced search for both the last year and the archives turned up no results, so...This unit has an equalizing mode that runs at a proper, but hefty 16.3V. And it has the current to back it up. Which is pretty sw...

KendallP by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Lead Acid Battery - 2 Cells No Float

So I picked up a new (to me) rig from family last weekend. It had been sitting at the BIL's place for several years. He started it occasionally, but never kept it plugged in.2 of the 3 group 29, Interstate, hybrid "deep cycles" tested in ok shape a...

KendallP by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery observations of winter storage.

I winterized the MH in late Oct, pushed battery disconnect to store for house batteries and disconnected the neg cable on my chassis battery. Checked house batteries in Feb and they lost 20% SOC. Checked again today and they were only down 10%. Of co...

Gjac by Explorer III
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar expert please help me understand

We are staying at a CG with full hookups including 30/50 amp electric which is all working. There is a smaller class A in a site, with shore power cord plugged into his power pole. However, and here is where I get lost, he also has a 2'X 4' solar p...

larry_cad by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Victron smart shunt vs lifepo4 battery question?

I got my smart shunt and hooked it up,then waited 24hr to fully charge my battery with my Noco genius charger on the lithium setting watching the numbers closely(boring) until the charger stopped charging supposedly when full on lithium...Today I sta...

inexpensive panels

Hi all,I know nothing about this firm--but the prices appear to be low:https://www.santansolar.com/?fbclid=IwAR17Xx_DhkB3h13BFmTjqejxTlf92ZO7UsVEAiNjNmcyNzrOkJx9XgYN26c

Internet for 4 months

What do you do to obtain internet while visiting relatives for 4 months. Relatives only have limited service. We want to have our own for streaming tv at night. Also have 2 laptops, 2 smartphones and 2 tables.Any help and direction is most appreci...

External Propane Tank

We used to have a Class A coach and we had the extend-a-stay type adapter to use an external propane tank, so I am well aware of how that works. We have now moved to a Class B and there is an issue with the onboard LP tank not filling. It will take o...

TheJim by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot brakes on new tow vehicle

We bought a new truck late last year and have yet to use it to tow our trailer out on a camping trip. We did, however, use it this past weekend to tow it to the local dealer for warranty inspection/service and on the way there I smelled something 'h...

TheBeans by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes