Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Battery wing nut size

I need to get some wing nuts for my batteries. I am trying to figure out the size I need. I cannot just bring the ones I have in as they are only doing curb side.

Pinging

Howdy, 02 Ford V10 with 90 k miles. Noticed some pinging under hard acceleration. Tried a tank of premium gas - still there. Wondering if any one has had any experience in changing the Knock Sensors on that engine in a class C. Located under inta...

Follow up Solar Question

I bought a 130 watt solar suitcase lase year for our trips to the mountains, where we have no hookups. It came with a cheap PWM charge controller and alligator clips to connect to the batteries. Used it on our Fall trip and it worked great. On a prev...

Katdaddy by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

LFP on Shore Power with Inverter/charger?

An inverter/charger requires that you have a battery connected (or some 12v source) so it will supply any 12v to the RV. (Unlike a converter that will do 12v with no battery)Some say not to float an LFP. If you choose not to float yours, what do yo...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 114 replies
  • 0 likes

12 volt only refrigerator

A friend of mine just bought a new TT. It has a 12 volt only refrigerator. I am completely unfamiliar with this type refrigerator. Is this the new move on TTers? Is it better that a 120 volt/propane unit? My propane unit works great and it is 15 year...

nmhuntr by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

onan generator synthetic oil filter

I have a onan 5500 generator, model #5.5HGJAB-1038K.I am trying to get a part # for a synthetic oil filter so that I can run mobil 1 synthetic oil in my generator. Im hoping someone has already found a good part# and can share that with me. not havin...

Boondocking AC

Does anyone think this AC will work for boondocking.https://coolsummertips.com/coolgads-1.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIor2wnb-L8AIVMapxCh2S8QSNEAEYASAAEgIrhPD_BwE

hpdrver by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Pinched Propane line ideas??

Hello all,We have a small slide in our kitchen area that houses the stove and refrigerator. I typically run the fridge the day before leaving, load up, close slides and go. I noticed on a few trips that the fridge was not running when we get there....

kfp673 by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing City/Gravity Hatch - 4 1/4" H cut out?

I've been looking for a replacement cit/gravity hatch for my 2006 Weekend Warrior Superlite. Problem is previous hatch mfgr. has gone out of business and hatch has weird cut out dimension: 6 1/4"W x 4 1/4"H. Closest I've found is Valterra but it's 1...

dj_lpm by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Water valve directional?

I know valves similar to this one in the plumbing world are sometimes directional, and have an arrow on the body. They will leak if installed backwards. This one has no arrow but I still wonder. Top line is input to pump, bottom line comes from tank ...

ScottG by Nomad
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

DOMETIC A/C Roof Start-Up

My 9 year old roof A/C seems to have a hard time starting. I'm plugged into 50 amp. power (no low voltage). On COOL function the unit seems to wind-up before it goes into cool mode. Could the units starting capacitor be going bad?

Replace Ladder stand off nut

has anyone replaced these? over half of mine are rusted out. I am trying to think of a way to replace all of them without removing the screws in the fiberglass, but I am assuming this is not going to be possible..link of what i bought

Dometic Ac keeps blowing 12 volt fuse

I have a roof top dometic ac unit and the 12 volt 15 amp fuse keeps blowing immediately upon inserting a new one, it has the duo-therm t stat, any one have any experience with this issue? Or advice? Thank you

Tjpries1 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Lippert grease fittings

Question: (I hope this makes sense....here goes)When pumping grease through the wheel zirk fittings, is it fair to say that as long as grease is flowing back out through the front seals that you haven’t pushed any grease out the rear seals and on to ...