Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generator blowing fuses

Okay, I'm not very experienced with generators since this is my first one, but I have an Onan 4000 watt Microquiet, mounted in my Class C. It's about 8 years old now. I don't use it often, so I fire it up once a month for an hour or so, and run my ...

MichDoc by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Caring For Your Exide 6s

Found an interesting blurb from Exide on battery care at golf courses. Of particular interest from other threads is-recharge resting batts when SG falls to 1.220-do not recharge them every day when not in use or they will be overcharged and shed pos...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake Controller Question

I have a Braking question for the Gurus on here. About three or four weeks ago I got an "OL" read-out on my Prodigy 2 brake controller, checked online and started checking the "easy" stuff first. My socket in the bed of the truck was a little dirty...

Portable battery charger. What do you carry?

I've had many over the years but most are cheap and don't last long. I'm looking for a good portable 12 volt Smart charger that can desulfate and get my batteries to full charge if needed. What do you carry in your RV tool box?

AC keeps freezing up

Hello,My AC unit keeps freezing up! I had a friend refill the unit with freon since it had a port so that is not the issue. I cleaned the AC unit like crazy even used a foam coil cleaner on it. Any other ideas? I'm think I might just replace the ...

Rogue 30A controller in front storage space?

Have just just received it new MPPT 3048. It is solid. Perhaps too solid - bigger than I thought. 4.5" thick, 8x8.5" front. With this amperage it can't be smaller, and 45A unit from Morningstar is thicker yet, and less esthetically pleasing. The pla...

Almot by Explorer III
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic RM 2310 frig problems

97 truck camper with RM2310, works fine on electric, doesn't cool as well on propane. can't get temp down to 40 on propane.Cleaned the burner there was a little piece of rust in one jet. the flames look good nice blue. Tapped on the flue with the bu...

sunline1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Power Newbie question

Yes this is probably a no brainer, but so am I. I've ordered my stuff for installing a solar power system to my 5W. I've tried to do my research, but have not yet seen the answer to this question: Do I need to change anything in the wires to my ba...

Charging rate elec question

Thinking about upgrading elec system because I keep having little problems with connections and cables etc. If I upgrade I'm going to put in a "smart charger". Talking with a guy at battery shop and got me confused and here is question:A good "charg...

path1 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Which battery

I am interested to see what battery most of you use. I currently have two 12v interstate group 24 batteries that are 3 years old. We dry camp and use a generator to charge during the day then just run off of battery power at night which run heat and ...

taylorga by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold 1095 LP cooling performance - Lack of!

The refrig performance on LP is for******at this point and I do not know else to do. Last week, I cleaned the burner. It looked a little bit dirty but not bad at all. I also removed the flue baffle to check for dirt or obstructions. I also cleaned th...

pcm1959 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Relocation Kit (Link To Parts)

Some folks like to order a kit. I thought the link may be of interest to a few folks. Really heavy emphasis on the "ONE PART DOES NOT FIT ALL" caveat.http://www.delcity.net/store/Battery-Box-&-Relocation-Kit/p_804062

Landing gear motor fuse blowing

Had a question:Is it normal for the 25 amp fuse to blow immediately when hittingthe stops on the LCI landing gear?I know I can just put a breaker in line for convenience.Something doesn't seem right with the motor.Sounds like it's running kind of wea...

water leak at the base of the toilet.

I have a porcelin toilet. After moving sites yesterday and setting up, I noticed there was some water coming from the between the floor and the toilet. I cleaned it up and kept an eye on the leak. This morning I noticed more water on the floor. What ...