Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Help No power at dashboard won't start

So it all started when I plugged in the wrong shore power plug. 30a 120/240, not a 120 only. This shorted the outlet for the fridge and might have fried the microwave. Now I have no power to dash. Nothing happens when I put the key in the ignition.

Phantoms by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

norcold freezer ice build up

Hi all, I have a 2011 jay flite with norcold fridge. bottom works fine but freezer has bad ice build up problem. I believe seal is bad but cannot find replacement. norcold says to buy a new door ???Anyone else had this problem and if so any ideas on ...

thoms by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Attwod water heater issue

So my water heater is not working right... Basically it's starting alright (DSI), but with a huge yellow flame at the end of the burner tube instead of a nice blue one. It keeps trying to re-light even when running, as I assume the flame is not hot...

AC quit blowing cold

Went out for the day leaving the AC running. On our return the AC was blowing warm. I switched it off, went on the roof, took the cover off, cleaned the coil which had just a little bit of dirt on it. When I put everything back together the AC ran fi...

Atwood Jack controller issue

I know this topic gets been beaten and resolved pretty readily - sorry for a similar post but I can't find similar issues (you can feel free to point me to it if there is one, I spent the last hour looking).Atwood Power Jacks on Lance Lite camper (th...

Onan Genset Spark Arrestor Cleaning

Onan 8kw, 1800 hrs. Followed directions to clean spark arrestor which may or may not have ever been done by PO. Question is this, when running for 5 minutes under load with clean out plug removed, did not observe any soot being expelled or any diffe...

harbor F replacement jack also recalled

from Eric Smidt by emailOwner and FounderHarbor Freight ToolsToday, I feel even worse. I'm disappointed and embarrassed because we've identified a welding defect in a small number of the Pittsburgh 3 ton steel jack stands (SKU 56373) that replaced th...

red31 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

REDUCED ENGINE POWER

I have a 2007 Winn Voyage 38J on a Workhorse W24 chassis, gas 8.1L engine, 78k miles. 3 times in past 5 years I start, I get a REDUCED ENGINE POWER warning and engine feels like running on 2 cylinders. I turn off, start again, all is fine except ch...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaving antifreeze in all summer

For the first time, we are not going to be using our RV all summer. We winterized last fall, and are wondering if we should drain the antifreeze and re-winterize this fall. How long can the antifreeze stay in the pipes safely in hot weather?

zukeeper by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Do any of the new TTs come with Surge Protectors?

I just bought a new (2021) Rockwood Ultra Lite travel trailer. Do the new trailers have a built in surge protector? I have a message into the factory but have not heard back. I understand the problems moving up to 50 amp from my former 30 amp unit ...

30amp Y Splitter for 2 RV's

I installed 30amp service on my barn for the purpose of running my travel trailer electric system with A/C. It serves as a bunk house for boys and visitors. It works great.This weekend I will have a second RV, Class C with 30 amp connectivity actua...

RV Products Roof Top Heat Pump Advice

2006 Bounder 37U here. 2 RV Products heat pumps and one RV Comfort ZC thermostat. Zone 2 AC works, Zone 2 fans work, Zone 1 cool and fan doesn't register on the thermostat display, just zone 1 and the inside temp. the zone 1 control board has a gr...

Refrigerator coil

So, this morning I decided to clean the covers on my fridge compressor. The coil is above the compressor, and a piece of plywood is in front of it seemingly preventing airflow. It appears to be factory installed. Does this sound like SOP? Would love ...

mariot53 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tapping off of the 3/8 Propane Line

I installed a residential refrigerator and capped off the existing 3/8" propane line that once ran to the Dometic. I would like to exploit that line by using it as a propane source for my gas grill so that I don't have to carry canisters or run a lon...

datedd1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Charge across 2 6V batteries is 11.78. Is that right?

A few days ago I installed a new Intellipower PD9245C converter and 2 new Duracell 6V batteries in series. At the battery terminals, one battery reads 5.87 and the other 5.91, for a total of 11.78. The Charge Wizard light stays solid and never goes i...