Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Great service from Fastec / FIC. 2 thumbs up

I posted a thread a while ago, looking to source FIC door lock cylinders from somewhere other than Fastec themselves. Didn't really come up with anything. FIC cylinder threadJune 21 I decided to phone Fastec and order a pair of cylinders and keys. I ...

What's up with the fridge?

I posted a question here about changing out to a residential fridge and running it off an inverter while traveling. My fridge is over 13 years old and would not cool below 42 degrees. We ran it on electric most of the time because the burner would ma...

Cable Lugs or 1/0 cable

Originally setup to just run a small coffee grinder, we're now trying to pull 70ADC from the batteries to run an induction hotplate.For some reason, these things always seem to get out of hand ... :RAnyway it's time to upgrade the cables to and from ...

brulaz by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Question

I have just installed a 300W solar system and it works beautifully. So here's my question. I am hooked to shore power in my driveway. Noting in the RV is on/running but the fridge. By evening the Solar display/voltage monitor shows batteries at full ...

Repair or replace fridge?

I have a Norcold 1200 LRIM refrigerator with a bad cooling unit. Obvious leak (ammonia smell etc.) The repair shop is telling me that replacing just the cooling unit at $1200 or so is not recommended in that the ammonia has "permeated the case" of ...

BGlegal1 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

1998 Dometic RM 2652 refrigerator corrosion on plates

I pulled out the bad Cooling unit the other day and discovered a lot of corrosion on the aluminum plates. The aluminum plates were pretty badly corroded, with a couple holes that go all the way through and deep crevices. I bought a new cooling unit, ...

heebeha by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Weber Q on Aux LP

I have an auxiliary LP hose for a gas grill. The grill that came with the camper is of poor quality. I want to use an older Weber Q (smallest one without side tables). Is it as simple as removing the LP regulator from the grill and installing a quick...

iagary by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung microwave recall

Had our 2001 Minnie Winnie plugged in next to our house in preparation for our Fourth of July. Our circuit breaker tripped in our home, I reset it and went out to the RV. The Samsung microwave had turned on its own and was running. I removed it an...

Question about Routing solar cables down fridge vent

I see most route their solar cables down the fridge vent and do so on the side opposite the flue. Is there any concern for the amount of heat generated by fridge, especially on a HOT sunny day. I was told the heat will add resistance to the cable...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Power Questions for a National RV

In the course of replacing the four house batteries I discovered the carrier was too corroded and rusty to trust to carry the weight. Currently awaiting a new one to be built and welded in place. I also disconnected my chassis batteries. I noticed th...

Whaler by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Reviving The Dead Jim In Denver MEGAWATT

Dang! I didn't look at this when I had the Megas apart.But if the bi-polar transistors have failed, if it is feasible, and relevant, I would HOPE that replacing regular bipolar transistors with insulated gate bi polar transistors would be possible.Is...

Electrical Issues 2006 Coachman Captiva 265

Got to the campsite today. Got her all set up and have a few issues. First off the frig will not cool at all and the check light comes on. That has never happened before. Next, The AC or fan will not run, and the lights are all dim and the more I tur...

exp2ex by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Water dripping inside from my AC

I just had the AC on in my camper for about a 1/2 hour and turned it from high to low and a pool of water dropped straight out of it. Anyone have any idea why? There obviously is water pooling on the roof, but I guess some has made it back inside or...

Claybe by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes