Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Trailer sticks to towing ball

2 questions:1. when i try to uncouple the trailer by cranking the handle, the ball seems to "stick" in the trailer ball socket. I have to jump on the bumper of my truck to "unstick" it. What am I doing wrong?2. I setup the weight distribution hitc...

Replacing Tow vehicle, clueless :P

Looking to replace our pickup truck - Currently we have a 1995 Dodge RAM 2500 long bed with the 7 liter v-10 gas engine. Our RV is a 2001 Alumascape 33SKT (by Holiday Rambler) fifth wheel trailer. Reasons to upgrade it are mostly to have the ability ...

k8et1120 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

parting out a truck camper

Has anyone parted one out and junked the rest? Just wondering if it will be a pain to get rid of the main body of the camper or if its relatively easy to tear it apart, not sure what questions to ask. I have not seen it up close (just from the road)...

Hard epoxy on roof?

Looking for roof repair advice:There are couple small leaks in my roof and whatever coating is on there doesn't seem very sturdy. There is a black rubber layer (EDPM?) covered with a very thin layer of a white sealant. This white sealant expands an...

bob57434 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Help needed picking out some 245/70R19.5 tires

I am looking for some 245/70R19.5 load range G for a 4X4 3/4 ton pickup that mostly will see highway miles. Some of the criteria are as follows.1, Must be hi quality/reliable.......this truck will mostly be used for long distance vacation trips with ...

pirlbeck by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a fireplace (electric fireplace heater)??

Ok so darn this forum! haha Anyway, saw a thread where someone had added an electric fireplace heater in their camper...so now I would like to do that! Anyway, so would like to add something like this... https://www.wayfair.com/Freestanding-Electric...

Arkjayco by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

heading out

hurricane evacuation got wife ,dog ,boa,t and camper we gone/Florida east coast Hurricane Matthew Ill work on photo

Direct TV

I currently have a DirecTV account at my home. I would like to get one for my travel trailer also. I've talked to a couple RV dealers and they will sell me a receiver and dish for anywhere from $600 to $800. I went on eBay and if I buy them separatel...

Grey Water Tank isn't draining....

I am sure I have a grease plug in the small bore drain that comes off tank and ties into the 3" from Black Water tank.What is the best method you have found to get it flowing again?Jeff W Waldrop

JWWPHOTO by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Storage (or lack thereof) in a teardrop?

I'm looking hard at small trailers that will work for me by myself, or with a couple of grandkids. Two that hit all the weight/sleeping space/tank capacity marks are:Forest River R-pod 172Jayco Hummingbird 16FDApparently the Jayco 16FD hasn't even b...

Camper black roof

Am looking at a 1999 camper but the roof is all black and if you rub your hands over it all over your hands. I assume it is a rubber roof. I have never seen one that looks like that. What's wrong with it?