Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Thermocouple replacement

Anyone have instructions for replacing the oven thermocouple in a Suburban cooktop oven combo. Suburban won't provide instructions. I am capable of doing the work, just don't know the proper way to get at it without breaking something. Really don't w...

Oven will not work in coachmen

Hello everyone. I have a 2008 coachmen spirit of america. I cannot get the pilot light to come on for the oven. I do not smell gas either when I turn the knob to pilot. The top burners work fine and so does the heat off of gas. Can anyone please...

Mt Rushmore Here We come!!

Woo Hoo, The snow has stopped and the cabin fever is setting in so we are packing up and heading to Mt Rushmore, Custer and Deadwood this weekend! Its been a long cold snowy winter and I need OUT!!!

Torklift GlowStep install results

8' camper on a shortbox truck. Because we also have a fifth wheel there are rails for its hitch in the box. When we bought the used camper, DH built a wood frame to sit in the box on which the camper rested.I hated the steps the camper came with so t...

sue_t by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Small leak on water pump

We discovered a small drip on our water pump. Took the camper out two weekends ago(still had antifreeze in the lines). Filled the fresh water tank half way at the CG. When the pump kicks on there was a drip. My husband tighten it down to the point it...

rainy029 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator question

Since we are new to the travel trailer world we never needed a generator with our pop-up, but think of one for the trailer. What is the wattage I would need to charge my battery? We don't do a lot of dry camping but when we do it would be nice to ru...

MFOX by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane Tank - Metal Exterior Compartment

Pre-planning. I can't find what I'm looking for online or in the RV Parts catalogues typically offered free from RV Parts departments. Maybe you all know where I can find this part?It is an exterior access propane tank storage compartment typically f...

Caribou 6.5 Dimensions

All,I have a Caribou 6.5 that I used with my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. I just purchased a 2009 Ram 1500 with the Rambox option. I know that the ramboxes will cause issue with the boxes that are above the wheel well on the camper. I plan to modify these so...

RV parking and Calgary West campground

We are in the planning stage for Calgary Canada. We will be visiting the Calgary Convention Center for a Convention in May 2015. Coming from Washington State to Calgary. What kind of weather should I expect in May? What kind of parking is availab...

dennis1 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

TV Swing Arm bracket mounting help needed

I need help... That is not just commentary on my life, I am having a difficult time and I don't want to ruin a wall. Here's the deal.We just bought the new camper listed below. The back room(BH) has a section ready for a TV and DVD player, but the...

Sway bars

We took our Adventurer 86SBS out for its maiden voyage and the experience was generally favorable. However, there was some buffeting from passing vehicles and flat turns were a bit of a strain at times. Noe of it was unacceptable, but I feel it could...

svjim by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeking Advice -- Purchase of Older 3/4 Ton Tow Vehicle

I posted a while back seeking info and advice about buying a used tow vehicle. Thanks to all who responded, I have narrowed my target truck parameters down and have a few questions.I want to buy a 3/4 ton 4WD crew cab truck with a short bed. These ...

crcr by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice on fine tuning my wdh set up w/scale results

First off let me say this is my first post on this board but I have been lurking it for a couple of years. I have gone from a complete newb to having a fair understanding of TT/TV WDH dynamics thanks to the information posted here. This site truly ...

Idaho33 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes