Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Wood vs Aluminum framed roofs.

Looking at a couple models of Coachmen and Rockwood. The Rockwood has an aluminum framed roof vs a wood framed roof on the Coachmen. Other than going up on the roof to install solar panels, I don't plan on spending any other time up there. Is there a...

babock by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Repair underbelly?

Hi all! New to this form, and new to HTT camping as well! We bought a travel trailer and unbeknownst to us, we have to replace at least half of the flooring in it. I'm in the middle of tearing out the current floor now, and see lots of spots where t...

ktnluvl by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Very sad at number of useless posts

I have looked at MANY of the posts on this forum and I have to say it is very sad that so many of them are now totally useless to mostly useless due to photobucket messing up.Would have been avoided if this site had allowed photos on the forum from t...

Water Heater Bypass Location

2017 Keystone Outback 325BH water heater bypass questions. Here's my questions and or problems. The Suburban DSI water heater is located in the bedroom adjacent to the pass thru compartment. A removable panel in the bedroom allows access to the water...

Mikesr by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Got my steps installed

Was in a quandry for entrance steps, Little Giant ladder, step ladder or Torklift Glo Steps.Went with the Torklift Reveloution Glo Steps. I had to fabricate a mount in as much as the Palomino SS 1500 don't have the required 3" of flat mounting surfa...

Carlisle HD owners feedback please!

I've decided to upgrade my Westlake tires after another examination. I'm considering Maxxis and Goodyear, but the Carlisle Hd's have a great price point. I'm looking for feedback from owners that have a number of miles on them.Thanks.

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

..."X" Plywood supports for camper

Hi guys, didn't have room for my support horses this trip. My searches for the X plywood supports are getting me nowhere. Trying to get by making these this trip so I don't have so much wobble.Two week trip means I have to unload camper so DW can sho...

K_Mac by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Just released my first YouTube video

For the last 11 years I've traveled all over the West in my TC for 5 to 6 months a year. I keep a good website that has a lot of pictures. Last winter I got the belated idea to make a YouTube video slideshow of some of the pictures. I started with...

2013 Ram 1500 5.7 Oil Filter

I finally got around to doing my own oil change on my truck but I had a question about the oil filter. I accessed it from the passenger side wheel well with the tire still on. Is that the proper location to do it from or can you get it from below? ...

Coleman NXT 200 Grill With 20lb Cylinder?

New grill works fine with 1 lb tank but no gas is getting through with 20lb cylinder & adapter hose. I know I have propane & I know the hose is okay cuz it works with my other grill. Is it just me or does anyone else have the same issue with this gri...

2017 Ford Superduty Beds

Any reports on any bed issues from anyone with the 2017 Ford Superduty? We're wondering how the aluminum beds on these trucks hold up to loading and unloading truck campers.

bjohns by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding vent fans to fridge

I'm wondering if anyone has any photos of adding cooling fans to the back of my Rv fridge I picked up a few from Walmart for 5 dollars each as a trial and they seem to work but they are too big for the panel to shut. By to big I mean they are thick. ...

Truck caps

Any opinions on quality brands? The 2 big ones, A.R.E. and Leer , preferances? Anything else out there?

nycsteve by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes