Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Solar Cells charging batteries

I'm not any electrical engineer.I have a new fifth-wheel with all the bells and whistles.I have a 3000 Watt solar panel on the roof. Question: Will the solar panels keep my batteries charged while in storage ? Thanks

6Volt Battery Restoration

Has anyone out there ever been successful at rejuvenating a 6 volt golf cart battery with any of the pour in battery renew products on the market?I'm just trying to get through this snowbird season then replace the batteries in the fall.

Recommended charging method or equip on 3-5 wk trip!!

Our trailer has a PD4045 convertor and two 5-1/2 year old Costco 6GC's (holding up great). We are going to take a 3-5 week trip down to the SW in Feb, and I'm wondering aboot keeping the batts charged up properly. We are planning on both dry and FH...

TUCQUALA by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Winnebago Sightseer 33C RV Propane Furnace?

I have a 2013 Sightseer. When I turn on the propane furnace on I can barely feel air coming from the vents (all four). Also the vent air feels slightly warm coming from the rear and cool from the front vents. It is a Suburban unit. It is not warm...

Dr_Jay by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Humming Noise in Electrical Cable Area

I am hearing a humming noise in the compartment that stores my 50 amp cable and it's reel. I unplugged from shore power and the noise is still there. You can hear it from inside the bedroom. My coach is a 2004 Dutch Star. Any ideas what this is ? ...

USMC46 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood Stove Burner Loose

The main, or front, burner is listing to starboard. It's loose and won't stay put when I level it. It is connected to the thin wire to the side/rear and the metal piece that runs toward the burner control. Can I just pry up the top piece and snug so...

cekkk by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I winterize the washing machine in my motor home?

My 2014 Thor Miramar has a stacking washer and dryer. When winterizing I cannot reach the drain to pour in anti-freeze. I thought about pouring rv anti-freeze in the washer an putting on spin to get it in the trap. My wife is afraid if I do this i...

Bobbyf by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Water heater anode rod change frequency

I understand that you are suppose to change your WH anode rod every year under normal circumstances. I learned that lesson the hard way.Ever since, I've put nothing but softened water into my tank. I think once I let the regen cycle go until I read...

Rmack1 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

What Size Circuit Breaker At Trailer Connector

My trailer has 50 amp serivice. It came with a 50amp circuit breaker where the trailer connector wires into the trailer near the batteries. Since new I have upgraded to a four battery bank (four deep cycle 12v at 85ah each) instead of one battery ...

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Series 58 vs. series 59 light lenses?

I researching a replacement side light lens and see identical dimensions for series 58 and 59 lenses. Does anyone know what the difference is because I don't know which my broken lens was? Thanks.

skyridez by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Long Question on how Converters Sense Battery Voltage.

Hi:My normal 2 weeks per year of dry camping will be more like 2 months this year I expect so I am investing in a better 'off grid' setup and the single output voltage converter has to go. For reference 220 AHs of AGM will be the battery. Hence two,...