Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

When is it time to replace house/engine battery?

I have a 2008 country coach (delivered jan 2007). I have replaced the engine batteries before but not the house. I replaced the engine about 3 years ago when the unit lost power for six months (circuit breaker). So the deep cycle also took a littl...

doublev by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Panel Layout?

Me again....have questions on the best layout and mounting for the panels I bought.Panels = 58.27" x 26.58" x 1.38" (26.4lbs)Roof dimensions are roughly 100" wide by 251" long. This was my initial thought:Proposed solar panel layout on a Class C RV. ...

Removing carbon from heads and pistons.

Surely this is RV related since it is cutting into my recreational time. :hMy 2 cyl opposed Briggs in the lawn tractor has progressively gotten noisier. It was knocking sort of like the same music carbon buildup makes when there is no more room for ...

Dave_H_M by Explorer II
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter !!! LOADING UP GENY !!! WFCO WF-8875

Hi AllIn recent months we would run our 1996 Onan 5500 Marquis Goldat about 5-10 mins it would !!! LOAD UP !!!LOAD UP... DEATH LOAD UP... STRUGGLE TO STAY ALIVE LOAD UPI thought it was a spun bearing in the geny armature, that would grind once hotWe ...

BobnSofi by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Interior space heating improvements

We are looking at a couple options for additional space heating appliances. Some criteria:- quiet!- approved for space heating in rv use. - low or no electricity requirement to operate- radiant heat design. Did I mention quiet?- use on board propane ...

noteven by Explorer III
  • 39 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar charge controller, how clean is the power?

How clean is the power coming out of a charge controller? In my case it is MPPT.The reason I ask is I had planned on using the solar to boost the 8-D while the inverter runs heavy loads. The caps in the cheapo inverter can be damaged by ripple effect...

surge protector

Will a surge protector help with low voltage like a plug in voltmeter?Will they both work basically the same?

joe0508 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking To Add Solar Down The Road

I am planning on adding solar down the road from now. Would like to see if I am on the right tract. I want to install three Kyocera 140 watt panels flat on top. Wired in parallel to a BlueSky 2000E, then to the my battery bank of four GC2's.I know th...

Eu2000i oil change question

I bought a Honda eu2000i a couple of months ago. Thus far there's probably only about 10 hours on it. I plan to use it for a few hours this weekend and next and then will be leaving to spend the summer in a National Park as CG Host with no hookups. O...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Harbor Freight portable air tank pressure gauge

Does the gauge on a HF portable air tank read the pressure of the item being filled when the control is set to let air out of the tank?I just acquired one of these and the gauge works fine when I'm filling the tank, but I want to be certain I'll be r...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Vent fan 12 volt wire

Our vent fan in the bathroom is one you open with a knob and turn on a switch to made the fan go. The fan started running slower and slower. We are able to determine that it is a connection problem with the wiring to the motor since I can move the ...

botts12 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

fridge temp fluctuations

Just had our first outing in our new trailer. All seems well with the exception of our fridge temps. Turned the fridge on electric the day before we left. By morning it was at 35*. Switched to propane for the ride (about 5 hours) and were at 40* by t...

TommyC83 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes