Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need Advice - Refrigerator on separate Inverter

Hi All! I have an older Class A Motorhome (1986 Champion Titan Signature). The previous owner had installed a residential refrigerator that runs on AC/DC only. So No Propane. Its never been a huge issue as we have mostly went to campgrounds where...

rcksblr by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Magnesium versus aluminum anode rods

I couldn't get a replacement magnesium anode rod for our 6 gallon Suburban water heater, and put in an aluminum one. However, we notice that there's a terrible sulfur smell that comes back several weeks after the tank has been thoroughly cleaned with...

VE3ESN by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

TST 507 cap o rings

I thought I had more o rings when I replaced my batteries but I don't. Does anyone know the size I need to replace them. Hard to spend $16.50 with shipping just to get the o rings.I thought I had at least one so I could take it to the hardware stor...

bob213 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacement Fridge Bigger than the Door.

We have a Dometic RM3663 refrigerator in our 1997 Lance truck camper. We'd like to replace it because:1. It doesn't work and we're told a new cooling unit would be needed. It seems the electronics are OK. Unplugging from 110 causes it to switch t...

EEWally by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

98 Hitchiker II Water Heater Wiring

Bought our Hitchiker II 5th wheel and need to replace the water heater. It is a combination gas/electric unit. No problem with that except, I don't understand the electrical. Specifically this...there is a remote rocker switch and indicator light ...

To 12v batteries or 24v batteries, this is a question.

In the process of designing 1,200w system for my motorhomeI already decided to use 24v battery system.Should I use 24v batteries in parallel connection or use 12v batteries series & parallel connections to construct the 24v system? does it make any d...

johnxhc by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Newmar Wiring

Can anyone tell me where the wiring for a backup camera would be in a Newmar Dutch Star (2003)? Backup camera doesn't seem to be getting power. Has worked in the past. Want to check the wiring, but don't know where they run it?

DunnInn by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide, Awning, Lights Not Working

We have a Vibe 272BHS that is about three years old. After setting up for our first trip in a while, we noticed the slide, awning, lights are not working. The fridge, microwave, TV, all seem to be working fine.We currently have it plugged in at home....

Strange Electrical Issue

Greetings!My rig is a 2007 Chateau Sport Class C. On a recent camping trip I experienced the following:I was plugged into the campground power.Over a two-day period, the lights grew progressively dim. On the 3rd day, the water heater pilot shut off. ...

Slide problem

After doing a short search here I thought it would save a few rabbit holes to just ask the question. I have a 2004 Minnie Winnie 32C. Have had it a few years with no slide issues, used it last night and it came in as usual. We stopped for breakfast a...

Onan Micro quiet 2800 help

Have a 2011 Pleasureway Excel TS. Onan gas 2800 genset. 150 hours. I run it every month. Ran fine last month. Now will run when I hold in start switch, dies immediately when I release start Switch. Gas tank is full, oil level is perfect, van is...

chuckqk by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes