Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Suburban Water Heater Gas Control Valve

Has anyone removed the thermostatic gas control valve on a 10 gallon Suburban water heater?I am in the process and it appears it is like the drain plug that has the threads all full of rust when removed. This is probably worse yet as it has never be...

Bluedog by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Backup camera has no power

After lots of testing, we've determined there is no power to our backup camera. It looks like the previous owner replaced the original monitor with a Kenwood GPS model radio and also replaced the original backup camera. Our guess is that this was d...

DunnInn by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Stereo/DVD WIRING

My stereo has 3 sets of speakers (2 in the living room, 2 in the bedroom, and 2 outside)..To turn the ones off in the bedroom, I adjust the balance to the right side speakers. This tells me I’m not really getting “stereo” sound I’m the living room. I...

traildog by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Possible Addition of Second Battery

Howdy ... I need you solar guys help please with a couple of questions. My current battery is a 5 year old Group 27 Duracell Ultra Marine/RV Deep cycle that is starting to run outa oomph. We use a portable 130W Poli-si 7.35A panel and a Morningstar...

milo by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Lippert electric slide out dead

Have been traveling for over a week and got to our new campsite and found no power to the slide out. Checked fuses and the wiring that I could see and no power. Had to manually crank out the slide. Not sure what to check or if there are other fuses t...

Curly2001 by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire mismatch

We’ve had this rv for about 7 years and just noticed that the front tires are different sizes. It’s a 41 foot Newmar Dutch Star. Drivers side tire is 275/70, passenger side is 275/80. All others are 275/70. This seems like it should be a problem. An...

DunnInn by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Flipping Axle

Looking into having the axles flipped on my 30' gooseneck horse trailer. I need to raise the rear of the trailer 2 to 3 inchesAnyone done an axle flip and how much did it cost?

question about trailer brakes.

I have an older 32 ft pull behind trailer which I bought new. When new I could feel the trailer breaks working but I could not get them to lock up and slide the tires. On a gravel road they might sort of slide a tire but not 100% lock up. I put al...

Solar

I am getting ready to install solar system on my new to me DP I am looking at 2 255 watt Sainty Solar panels off craigslist here. I am considering using a renogy 40 MPPT rover elite controller. I put a system on my old FW and I went all out on that b...

AC power problem

After driving rv on a couple errands I hooked up shore power as usual to house but this time blew house breaker. Tried another outlet, same thing. Shut main breaker in rv and plugged in again and have 120 right to the main breaker. If I flip it on it...

JR51 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Pump replacement for older Travel Trailer

We have a 2004 R-Vision Trail Bay 27DS.The unit has sat for almost 2 years with very little use.Getting the trailer ready, we discovered the water pump will not function...which for this trip was fine as we were at a full hook up.We would like to rep...

2halfs by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

8531 Limit Switch Wiring ?

Am in the middle of a battle trying to swap out the limit switch from my spare 8531-lll I got from a guy, and the OEM 8531-ll in my Class C.I managed to get at the switch in the lll, but no luck yet in the installed ll, because the squirrel cage is r...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes

Momentary switch on my Powergear Slide

So it seems if I stop retracting then start again to finish the cycle, the extend (yes extend)side of the momentary switch fails. When I push the extend side nothing happens, but if I push the retract side again, quickly just to see what happens, I c...

docsouce by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Pump and Battery Question

While sanitizing my fresh water system and running water through the cold and hot supply lines, we had the lights on and when I opened the hot water faucets, the lights flickered and the water pump was much loader. When running the cold water lines t...