Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Jump Starting 2007 Monaco Executive

We own a 2007 Monaco Executive that is parked in a covered space in a storage facility. There is no electrical hookup to run the onboard charger inverter. There are three chassis batteries (12 volt AGM) and 8 house batteries (6 volts each and wet c...

TZScales by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Mex's Flash?

Does "Flash charging" mean we (some of us anyway) are wrong to hate it when the PowerMax or Iota converters drop their voltages so soon for the absorption stage?In another thread Mex says, "A flash formula is to achieve absorbsion limit (I prefer 14....

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Will a bigger inverter avoid the dreaded alarm?

We have a very small inverter -- we turn it on when we need a/c power, such as for charging a phone. When I am running the furnace and the pump and the inverter with a charger, the voltage readout on the inverter sometimes drops to 11 volts momentar...

Infrared Thermometer cheeeeeeeeeep

http://www.banggood.com/GM320-Non-Contact-Laser-LCD-Display-Digital-IR-Infrared-Thermometer-Temperature-Meter-Gun-p-980717.html$8.53 cheepenuffforya? You pay tax & shipping at Frightening HarborCANADIANS and other life forms (Quebecois) they have a w...

The Big and Small Inverter Scam UPDATE-Tested.

Updated 7 Dec--Not that this is picking a fight or anything I went with the story that you should have a big inverter for the big things and a small inverter for the small things for a few years, but then decided it was a scam. Now just have a big i...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 94 replies
  • 0 likes

Flag Pole Buddy Modifications

Flag Pole Buddy is a great product and let's make it better. The upper sections tend to collapse after several days waving in the breeze and even more so with the addition of a LED light. Anyone have some kind of quick clamp or other way to solve thi...

What Smart charger do I need?

I'm trying to charge 2 Sams Club gc2 golf batterys.I currently have a Shumacher SC8020a battery charger. I charge em a couple hours a day with not much success. They charge good from Alternator!Do I need a better battery charger with more amp output...

Aux propane tank hook up -- fittings

I want to be able to connect a 20 LB propane tank, with a tee, valve, and fitting to connect a short gas hose to a Motor home tank outlet. Every place I've looked all I can find is kits to run gas from the MH tank.I stay for two or three Months at ...

MR_MAC by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Winegard Carryout loses signal without 12 volt

I have been using the Carryout for a few years as a full-timer. It worked Thursday. Today when I hooked it up, it worked fine until I unplugged it from the 12 volt. Tried it several times. It has a very good signal, perfect weather, etc. It is co...

chalet05 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 5500 Propane model wont stay running until warm

Got a strange issue. When cold, the unit will take about 20 attempts to keep it running. Each try the gennie will run for a little longer until finally it runs. The first time this happened I thought it was because the oil was low, which it was, but ...

Squeege Frustrations

Buncha Junk and I'm frustrated.The rubber seems about right for use in leveling hot asphalt out of a paving machine. But to conform -reasonably- to a curved windshield seems beyond car parts store inventory selection.I've made a plastic scrubber pad ...

PowerMax Boondocker + DROK Voltage booster = nice setup

Finally have all of this put together! Very much want to thank everyone here who helped me figure it all out and actually understand what I'm doing. I have to say, I'm very pleased with this combination and put it together at a reasonable cost. The o...

solar cut-off switch and panel roof mounting question

Where do you place your solar cut-off switch, between panels and controller or controller and batteries?Anyone use this type of mount to avoid drilling into the roof? I guess they use Sikaflex 252 to adhere it to the roof.TEKTRUM DRILL-FREE SOLAR PA...

50 Amp plug

A couple times this summer I've camped at a site where there was a very tight fit for a 50 amp plug. Even one of the 50/50 extension cords had trouble. I saw another camper with a 50/50 extension plug that didn't bend at a 90 degree angle. Just plugg...