Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Easy way to measure solar output (Amps)?

I tried measuring the circuit between my solar panel and the controller today, but couldn't get a reading. I was wondering, should a digital multimeter (I have a Fluke 115) be able to read small amounts of current like 2 or 3 amps? My panel should ...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Wedgewood Range Burner

Has anyone had to replace their range burners? If so where did you go to get replacements? I have a Wedgewood RV-2135 BBPR and the piezo went out on the 9000btu front burner. I can still light it with a match, but like to get a replacement.

Recommend me a decent ice maker

portable, of course :)Back when we were younger, we would cool our drinks in a lake where we make camp for the last 10 years now. But now as we're concidered as 'old people', we've been thinking to invest in an ice maker (so we don't have to walk too...

Payoneer by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggestion For Odor Control Odorant

This is from the country "The King Of Odors" or at least a contestant:Vanilla, not the garbage phony stuff, genuine vanilla. Works like a miracle in refrigerators, ice chests, closets, even in clothes. Needs to be diluted. Dab on cat, uh wet spots.

HWH Parts or Support in Quartzsite ?

We have friends that just arrived in Quartzsite only to find that the HWH #325 jack/ slide control is on the fritz.It appears there are no Jacks, and the bedroom slide is very slow. They haven't tried the main slide yet since its now dark. He says th...

SCVJeff by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Matching Generator, Battery Charger, Battery

Although I'm getting ready to purchase a Yamaha 2000w generator that produces 12v power to charge a battery, the forum doesn't seem to agree that this built-in capability is the best way to accomplish that function. I have a Group 27 AGM battery dedi...

DougE by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Teflon Lubricant Spray

Anyone have any input of using Teflon spray lubricant on the rubber seals for slides instead of silicone? Presently, I use silicone as many others do, but am wondering if Teflon would work better in keeping them looking new and for lubrication.

joelc by Explorer III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

E-Z lube axles

My Rockwood came with E-Z Lube axles (not to be confused with Bearing Buddies).Has anyone actually used this feature?(Alert: I'm a retired ASE certified Master Technician. Please, there is no need to explain blowing out hub seals, the wonders of insp...

New power inverter?

It looks like we might be in the market for a new converter and need suggestions. We have a travel trailer that stays hooked up to 110 year around. Back in the summer we started having issues with our refrigerator shutting down. Closed the camper dow...

Air conditioners

I have seen air conditioners described as"Roof AirDucted roof airDuctedAre the "ducted" ones in the basement?What are the good/bad or each one?What is the best to get?

Water heater switch

I just changed out my interior water heater paddle switch. I swear I did just like the old one. I was running a small fan from the kitchen gfi plug, when I switched the water heater on the fan speed slowed, turned it off and went back to normal speed...

Hamnet by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

2 66 lb batteries

Listed below are 2 batteries that are the same weight but each has a different Ahr rating. The Ahr and weight came from spec sheets.235 Ahr / 66.0 lb = 3.56 Ahr / lb240 Ahr / 66.0 lb = 3.64 Ahr / lbHypothetical question:If you had to buy batteries b...