Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water Tank Level Sensor is Leaking

2017 Chateau or Fourwinds 22B class CWater Tank Level Sensor is Leaking, anybody ever repair/replace one? See attached picture in the Thor Message Board Post belowhttp://www.thorforums.com/forums/f8/water-tank-level-sensor-leaking-10791.html#post1058...

What gauge wire from batteries to inverter

I am going to install an inverter in my trailer and am curious about what gauge wire I need to run from the batteries. To be honest I really don't have an application or device I want to run off it. I just want to do it for the "because I can" factor...

opnspaces by Navigator II
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator conversion

Wondering if it is feasible to convert an onboard Onan 4kw gas powered generator to run on propane, or even better dual fuel (gas and propane)? Anyone done this? Your thoughts and comments appreciated.

Jagtech by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Splendide dryer stopped working

We have a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage and this AM our Splendide dryer stopped working. It appears that there is no power to the unit but the circuit for the washer and dryer has not been tripped. Both plugs are plugged into the same receptacle. There...

Slide Wiring Critique

Dual slide out wiring in 2007 Komfort travel trailer. Post your theory explaining why it is wired this way. Correct? Incorrect? I have my theory.Left side wire is incoming from batteries.Jumper wire from left breaker to left stud on right breaker pig...

Tilting Solar panels makes a big difference!

I had 2 100 watt Renogy solar panels on my roof and they seem to only have an output of 3.4 amps each. I added a third panel and now the max is around 10 amps this time of the year for the 3 panels. I also have a Renogy Solar100 watt portable suit...

Help needed with Honda EX-650 generator

Some time ago, I acquired a Honda ex650 generator that is in very good condition over all. I'd never had any need to use it until we had lost power in the house one day. My son was doing laundry, and was in need to finish drying his clothes so he cou...

Msu1976 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator giving single spark only?

It is Generac Impact 36 inverter generator. BOY ! I hate those electronic controllers. After spending small fortune on board that failed, now the board seems to be working, it is cranking the starter, but I observe single (strong) spark on first turn...

Kayteg1 by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic RM2852 fridge wont stay lit ?

Hello All,It's been a LOOOooonnnnggg time since I've been around here, but Open Roads Forum has always been my "Go-To" place when I need to get knowledgeable experienced advise... so here I am.I now live in a senior citizens community, and I "hang ou...

tri5ron by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Removing silicone caulk?

The previous owner used silicone caulk in a few places on the outside trim on the fiberglass siding :(. I've scraped, peeled, slowly and carefully used a flat razor and even gave it good cursing :M yet there is still some that remains is there someth...

New inverter--Tripp Lite Powerverter 2000

This Tripp Lite inverter was gifted to me. I'll be installing it, in the future, in my TT to run the 120V devices, while boondocking.Anyone have any experience with this monster? As a side note, I know I'll have to increase my 300AH of batteries to g...

westend by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Ranges

Looking to replace my Atwood RA 2133 range but looking online seeing they came in 21 or 22 inch. The 22 modules seem to have the same specs as the 21 in ones. H 21 3/4 W 20 5/8 What is the difference? Or what am I missing? Don't want to order the wro...

Alternator to House Battery Charging Test Results UPDATE

Update 18 Jan--This is for my rig with its particular wiring (some changes to original done by me). Has the dreaded Ford 2G alternator.Testing on a pair of 6s starting at about 55% SOC and 12.2v (so can accept lots of amps--more than from my alternat...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 70 replies
  • 0 likes

Off Topic Medical Plea

This will undoubtedly be shuttled to another forum. But until it is, allow me to make a strong recommendation.THE CURRENT FLU EPIDEMIC AND DEATHSThe flu vaccines didn't work. But what DOES WORK is thisGet a PNEUMONIA SHOTI encouraged friends to do th...