Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

1980 Winnebago Brave - 17.5 Dually Rims

Hi new to RV.Net.I have a 1980 Winnebago Brave with a Chrysler chassis.Coming home from a wedding and there was a loud noise from the rear of the motorhome and as I am trying to safely pull off the road, one of my rear tires passes me and goes into t...

Water cooler fan switch

A friend gave me a nice portable swamp cooler but the high/low fand switch is stuck on high. It takes on-off-on rocker switch. Can't find one in town but I have two on- off rocker switches. I wired them one on high and one on low. Works good for low ...

FlatBroke by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof AC Died

Started packing up for a week at the lake. Heard fridge working on propane and I knew we were plugged into power. Checked and appears the 30 amp outlet was dead, but we were going away for a week and would address when returned. (Upon return electric...

wildtoad by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Care and feeding of my ex650?

I got one of these nice purring little gennies used, and now I need to know what to do with it!I have zero experience with small gas engines. Never had a gas lawnmower.I dumped the gas out of it and ran it dry, on the suggestion of a friend. Now, s...

Naio by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help with furnace on Forest River 5W 346ROT6

I am trying to help a camphost at 10000 ft cold with his furnace. He had heat to all registers before we replaced the furnace with the same model SUB furance. Furnace heat up great and blows air very hard in bed and bathroom. We have no air flow to h...

2012 Keystone Avalanche 330re keyless entry problem

I have a 2012 Keystone Avalanche 330re that has a keyless entry system (southco r03). I had to replace the keypad on the outside, but, the receiver is still paired with the old keypad. I found the directions on the Southco website on how to pair th...

jmnoeth by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Domestic fridge help

I cannot remember if 1 is coldest setting or is it 5.?I have no manuals.It is 100 degrees north of Dallas.Reefer on 45 degrees. Thanks in advance.

T_bone1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

AC quit putting out cold air

Yesterday my AC seemed to be working fine. Today I turned it on as temp was about 83. Two hours later TT seemed marginally colder inside than outside. Six hours later it seems the same. I crawled on the roof and am seeing no condensation near the u...

mrad by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Anybody with Camco Olympian Heaters?

I know, I know - not vented, no thermostat, so Don Piano please have mercy on me. Couldn't get anything from Platinum Cat guy, the only maker of vented catalytic heaters with thermostat. Couldn't wait any longer, so bought Chin-Co Wave 6 on Amazon. ...

Almot by Explorer III
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

GFCI and ATS

I have a 15 amp breaker that supplies the GFCI outlets. It also supplies all the outlets in the 5th wheel overhead bedroom. I want these bedroom circuits on an ATS (automatic transfer switch).If I install the ATS on this circuit, will it work with ...

CJW8 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

motorhome leveling

Every time we level our Discovery 40x using the auto mode it is right side low, not much but low. About 1/4 bubble. We put a level on the floor. Can the "calibration" of the leveling system go out of wack? If so, can it be recalibrated?Also, our ...

Todd757 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Duo-therm electrical issues

Hello, I have a 98 fleet wood pop up with a duo-therm 57915 ac unit. Last night we woke to find the ac not running. When my wife tried to change the air settings it shot a huge spark and blew the fuse on the control. I shut it off and tripped the bre...