Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

A/C just started making a deep hum...

I installed a 2nd A/C in the bedroom last summer, a Mach 8. I replaced the fan blade to make it quieter and it's worked great all year. But just recently...just as you're turning the A/C on it sounds normal for a second then this deep hum starts in....

cannesdo by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Armor Inc roof repair?

My roof needs leaks fixed. I have fought it for years.I have sent out emails to 2 company, only one replied.RV Armor in Bradenton, FL responder with a proposal to install/apply their system to the roof for just under $5K with life time transferable w...

factory gen prep

Factory generator optWe are thinking of ordering a Big Country from rv nation with the fac gen onan 5500 lp. The option with there discount would cost us apx $4400 give or take. We will boon dock a little and other times on trip maybe Walmart or rest...

watt100 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

DPDT Golf Cart Switch

My girlfriend keeps ruining the charging cable on her golf cart by pulling on the cord instead of the plug. How would a double pole, double throw switch work if it was inserted into the cable between the charger and the plug? She leaves the charger...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile RV Repair in Omaha, NE area

Right slide is inoperative. We are in Washington State en route home with a one-week stop in Bellevue, Ne. Looking for a mobile RV repair facility in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Any suggestions?GM

07 Itasca Sunova - Suddenly No

Hi!I am new to the RV world and have a 07' Sunova. The dash instruments were working just fine, parked to camp and went to leave and there were no dash instruments. Speedometer, fuel gauge, temp gauge nothing is working. I looked at the manual and ch...

TST 507 REPEATER REGUIREMENT

Just had a blowout on the 5th. I installed the TST 507 in June of 2011. During the blowout the 507 reported all tire pressures were A OK even when I was standing looking at the tire remains.Mike at TST indicated the problem is when the 5th is over 33...

Time to fix the delamination

Hi all. Basically I bought our winny with a broken rear corner cap and it had some delam. Dealer put a patch on it. Basically price was right and we've done a good bit of camping. As a matter of fact I'm sitting by pool in a Cincy area campground. An...

stew47 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge not working

Hi! I just purchased a travel trailer and we cannot get the fridge to work. It has a Dometic RM2652/RM2852 fridge. The light on the top of the fridge with on/off auto/gas works but it does not get cold and the light on the inside does not light up....

Smcnitt by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

1980 Winnebago Brave - 17.5 Dually Rims

Hi new to RV.Net.I have a 1980 Winnebago Brave with a Chrysler chassis.Coming home from a wedding and there was a loud noise from the rear of the motorhome and as I am trying to safely pull off the road, one of my rear tires passes me and goes into t...

Water cooler fan switch

A friend gave me a nice portable swamp cooler but the high/low fand switch is stuck on high. It takes on-off-on rocker switch. Can't find one in town but I have two on- off rocker switches. I wired them one on high and one on low. Works good for low ...

FlatBroke by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof AC Died

Started packing up for a week at the lake. Heard fridge working on propane and I knew we were plugged into power. Checked and appears the 30 amp outlet was dead, but we were going away for a week and would address when returned. (Upon return electric...

wildtoad by Explorer II
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes