Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How level does a fridge have to be?

I'm getting really aggravated with my Norcold 1200LRIM fridge. It's constantly going into the "no co" lockout, and when it does work, it's sort-of cold in the freezer and only lukewarm in the refrigerator compartment.However, I note that my rent-a-st...

apavlin by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

Will Maxxair II fit Fantastic Fan ??

I have a Fantastic Fan model # B2000B mfg date 11/04. I want to add a vent cover. Amazon has the Fan-Tastic Vent UB1500WH White Ultra Breeze Vent Cover for $57.00 UltraBreezeor the Maxxair (00-933072) White Vent Cover Maxxair II for $46.00.My quest...

TenOC by Nomad
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Coleman AC freezing up constantly?

Hello all! I posted once or twice a few years ago and got great advice.I'm wondering if anyone has experience with DIY maintenance on their rooftop AC unit. We are strapped for cash at the moment and we live full time in our travel trailer in central...

I need a battery box!

I currently have two 6V Crown GC batteries, one original and a second I installed in the front of my Laredo 316RL. They are in individual battery boxes. I would like to install two additional in parallel to increase my capacity to 470ah. I have found...

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Convertors and HEAT

I thought I'd share something. I always noticed that my convertor fan was running a lot when plugged in to shore power and the large storage compartment which it sits in was warm as well. Also, my battery charging voltage numbers never seemed to be...

KATOOM by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Gen-set fuel issue?

Bought my 85 pace arrow and it came with a non running gen-set. I believe it's on/off switch maybe faulty or not wired correctly. I was able to get it running by jumping the solenoid. I notice when I connect the + wire to the fuel pump it pumps fuel ...

lamoz by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Blown Fuse

I have a 24ft trailer that has a 40 amp fuse located at the converter where the power cord comes into the trailer. Twice it has blown for no apparent reason. Any idea what could be causing this fuse to blow?? It has happened twice in the last year...

Wilkie by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Power Jack PSW 3000/6000 PSW inverter (ebay)

You know me, I''m always on craigslist or ebay buying things that are not tested or recommended. I found these inverters on ebay a while back. Power jack 3000/6000w psw inverterTotal cost shipped was $192. ($9 shipping)They had been going for over $2...

Generator circuit breaker trips when AC kicks on

I have a 2006 Hurricane running an Onan 4000 Microquiet at 3600 RPM's. Each time the AC kicks on the breaker on the generator trips.I have had the generator serviced and tested at least twice. (Filters replaced, brushes checked, and run under a loa...

dtouhey by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 5500 Marquis Gold (96) ? MORNING HARD STARTING ?

HI AllOthers must of had this issueHard starting in the morning?Starts great the rest of the dayTook off the carb bowl yesterday, fuel pump seems to run fineIt will start, if I grind on it long enough, and hard enough, and jiggle the auto throttleOne...

Gasoline in Oil????

Onan 4000 quits running. Check oil and it pours out. Smells like gasoline in it and really diluted. What is happening? Thanks

oven door removal

has anyone removed the oven door from a Magic Chef ? I don't want to break anything so need to know the right steps. It does not simply lift off like most domestic oven doors.

homefor2 by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Yamaha 2400 isHC powering RVP Air Conditioner

Our Jayco 19h's AC unit cannot be started using our Yahmaha 2400 isHC inverter generator.After reading many threads about hard start capacitors and start relays, I came across a thread from a few years ago that references a Coleman Start Kit that wa...

Corrosive environment and conductive grease?

Hopefully Mexicowonderer will chime in. I don't like bothering people with PM, but if Mex isn't reading now, I'll have to I have aluminum bus bars where plated set screws got stuck to the bar right from the warehouse. Have managed to loosen them, a...

Almot by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Fantastic Fan on 12v

I haven't had time to run a test in the driveway.How long does your FF run on the battery? Will it run overnight on Low and still have some battery left in the morning?I know I need to change out the light bulbs to LED's, but is the FF a huge draw w...

Stars101 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes