Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Positive ground pwm controller

I see that some of the starter solar kits have positive ground controllers. Are they okay to use on trailer batteries that have the more common negative ground? Any special concerns?

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Contaminated fresh water tank.

Yesterday I poured a clear glass of water from the fresh water tank.When held up to the light I could see a lot of particulate matter floating around in it.It looked much like a snow-globe but not nearly as thick.Pretty gross!So I drained the fresh w...

Diamond plate replacement

Last summer i had a tire tread hit my travel trailer amd dented the diamond plate on it. about the size of a soccer ball. I am not looking to take it off and trying to pound out the dent, but i was thinking of getting a new piece ans just screwing ...

Cb radio question

I'm new to this converter/inverter technology.The DW and I are gonna be living in a tt full time in a park.How can or would you install a 12volt cb radio in a tt ? I dont know if there are batteries in the tt yet as we won't be there till April 1 st....

lubricating slide outs

Does anyone have any idea about how to lubricate slide outs on a 2006 tiffin zephyr? It is sealed up and I can't figure out how to do it

Relay? Really!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-12V-200A-Relay-4-Pin-For-Car-Auto-Heavy-Duty-Install-Amp-Chargeover-/272145278288?hash=item3f5d1f6550:g:nvQAAOSwezVWzqCq

How to seal a screw hole in vinyl flooring?

Just did a mod. underneath one of the dinette seats for storing shoes in an otherwise dead/unused space. I removed a section of 3/4" x 1" wood attached to the subfloor with a #8 screw. Wondering if there is a simple & inexpensive method to seal the...

An ounce of prevention.....

Well like the title says, "an ounce of prevention.... is worth a pound of cure" or in my cause possibly a burned out hulk of an RV.I've been anxiously waiting for it to warm up outside so I can finish some projects in my RV. We just picked up this A ...

MrLugs by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace left on while storing TT

I'm pretty sure I left my furnace in the on position in my TT this weekend and we are a two hour drive away. The gas is turned off so it won't be using gas but the battery is charged and hooked up so it has power to it. Is it just going to run when...

splendide 2100 w/d combo

I bought a used r v with a splendide 2100 w/d in it. I don't think it has ever been used. I tried it out and it starts filling with water, after a little bit it will spin and drain the water out. I get an error code of 13 afterwards. I was told that ...

Parallel MC4 Connectors???

What is the consensus (big word!) on which style of parallel connector for mc4 solar is better?? Or all equal??The solid one piece plastic unit or the y-style cabled unit???Tanks ahead for comments!!!

How to remove broken door latch

We had someone try to break into our 5th wheel and they ruined the deadbolt keyhole. We cannot unlock the deadbolt. Any suggestions on how to go about removing the entire latch? It has 2 keyholes, one for the deadbolt and one for the latch pull itsel...

A/C drawing air up sink drain.

Whenever we turn on the A/C, it's just a matter of time before the whole RV STINKS.It appears the A/C is pulling air up the waste pipes connected to the double sink. Under one sink there is a drain pipe that connects to the drain pipe that comes down...

ice2fire by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Generators used in high altitudes

Does anyone know if the Champion Inverter generators will run in the Canadian Rockies and Alaska? Will be there this summer and will need ti use a generator at times.Thanks

rving4us by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

sink faucet removal

Any idea how to remove this rusted out 3/4 band at the top where the plumbing goes in. Cant figure out how this band comes off or how to remove the faucet.