Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Norcold Fridge Problem

Hi there,Our 2008 Zinger has a Norcold N61X model. About 6 years ago it started freezing the food regardless of where the temperature was set. We had it fixed by the dealership at that time.Last fall it started doing the same thing. The dealership...

Mulvey by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Electrical problem, flasher

I have a Forest River, Rockwood HW277. All the lights work properly except for my right turn signal. It’s not a burnt light since I switch it with the left turn light and it still doesn’t work. When I apply the brakes the light turns on, but still no...

komodo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Any under chassis mounted generators?

I am not sure what section to ask this question but can I get any suggestions on a diesel generator mounted in the place of a spare tire?We built a sprinter van conversion several years ago and I had considered installing a diesel genset but then sol...

Dump Valve Lubricant

I've recently replaced the slide valve seals on the black water tank. check for leaks and none seen. The valve seems to be a little harder to operate when no liquid is in the tank. I don't believe the bolts are too tight, because it worked fairly fre...

bluka43 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help on part name so I can order

The manufacture on my A/C way over tightened the four mounting bolts at each corner. By "over tightened", I mean they wrenched it so tight that the metal bar is bent up on all corners. Last year I just made sure bolts were still tight on A/C gasket...

path1 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Brakes

I took my TT in for them to look at the brakes and they said the shoes were still good but I have very little brake pressure when I step on the brakes, it just does seem like very much back pull from the TT brakes. when they took apart the brakes the...

old_guy by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Water heater scorched, flame out, re-ignites

(Camper is a 2014 Lance, second owner, out of warranty.)The Atwood water heater is giving me concerns. It "sounds" like it has too much flame and not enough oxygen. Like the gas is turned up too high.The water heater on propane will flame out and t...

Dill TPMS Problem

Totally new to RVing. We bought a new to us Class C on a E450 chassis. Our original plan was to go with Borg metal valve stems and a TST non-flow TPMS. When we went to the tire store we were advised we not do the valve stems and an internal Dill TPMS...

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Thats right. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. What causes the hum in the transfer switch? Been living with it for quite some time. Any ideas before I take the cover off & start poking around?

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

What to look for in an inverter/charger?

We recently bought a new fifth wheel (see sig) and now I need to research inverters. About twelve years ago we had a Xantrex Freedom 458 installed in our Toy Hauler. It was fantastic and it never gave us a bit of trouble.It's 12 years later though....

Help! Water pump pressurizing when using hot water tank.

Decided to be a little proactive and replace my water pump. After install of my SHurflo 4008 I determined that my check valve on the hw tank needed replacing. That statement is simplifying 2 hours of water system tests, looking for leaks etc) Wen...

bondj007 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Voltage vs. PWM controller & wire size

Ok, there is a recent thread out there MPPT vs. PWM and some post were a little confusing to me. Instead of hijacking his thread I started a new one.My set up is two 208 watt Sony panels with 28.71 volts (I.E. 24 volt panel) which is 14.5 amps. (V *...

Calkidd by Explorer
  • 74 replies
  • 0 likes